Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stewie

Yonkers- Shooting 1/4/06

7 posts in this topic

Its nice to know how News12 calls the perp a victim and doesn't tell the audience about the record of the kid. Not to mention that the kid is only 20 years old and at a bar...

If memory serves me correct (and it gets harder to remember as you get older) that bar was in the news last year. Almost lost their license serving to underage patrons.

That bar was shut down Thanksgiving eve of 2004 as a warning for serving underage drinkers. Usually dont see too many fights there, but I guess no where is safe anymore. Hopefully the P.O. will be alright........

Update from The Journal News:

The incident occurred about 3:15 a.m. after a disturbance at Rory Dolan's on McLean Avenue spilled onto the sidewalk, Yonkers police said. Three off-duty NYPD officers were in the bar and went to the aid of a bartender who was trying to evict three other patrons, according to Yonkers Police Commissioner Robert Taggart.

When the officers got the other three men outside, Taggart said, one of the evicted trio, a 20-year-old Yonkers man, stabbed one of the cops and was shot dead by his sergeant. The wounded man staggered across the street and died in front of a Duane Reade drug store, Taggart said.

Yeah, they have big problems there about once a month.

I've heard of stabbings, fights , police raids and now a shooting. Not the ideal hangout for people that want to stay away from trouble.

It is only about 3 blocks from my house and I think I am done with the place.

ALSBear, you are correct they have been shut down several times over the past two years for underage drinking violations.

Man I have drank there before. i even met my possible wife there. (and drinking was not even involved that night). i have heard all about the underage stuff there. they were closed and then like a legal think said the could get there lisence back or something. crazy stuff man.

Edited by ECLEMENTE

Got to side with Truck on this one. that gun saved at the very least one life. the guy could have kept stabbing him and then someone else. look police officers never now when some guy the arrested way back when is gonna seem them and want payback. like being a fireman, even when off-duty, you just never fully get out of the roll of protecting people.