Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Older YFD Pics

4 posts in this topic

Sorry for the reflection - but this is a digital pic of a framed enlargement of a picture I took years ago on Mulberry Street (?) while working for Empress. This is one of my all time favorites.

YFDTL71.jpg

The fire was so hot that it softened the gaskets for the front windows on the old Mack and they had to be taken out!

Back before the digital revolution there were only a few guys like me who carried cameras to jobs - used to be good money in it on the side. Not today.

I have thousands of YFD fire pics and Empress misc pics - I'll have to search through and find some nice ones to share.

Edited by Ole129K

Wow, that's really impressive...

Ok - here are a few more - again - they are digital pics of older 4 x 6's in an album - sorry for the quality.

yfd1.jpg

This was a few buildings going down by Larkin Station - this picture was used by Aerialscope on their downloadable screensavers a few years back. Pretty cool.

yfd2.jpg

Gidron Cadillac going good. I have a thing for 'Scopes.

yfd3.jpg

yfd4.jpg

5th Alarm on Seymour Street - Old School

yfd5.jpg

I like the series I got from this fire - since it was on a hillside, the sky was a perfect backdrop for the smoke and Truck

yfd6.jpg

Same fire as above - but from street level - this pic was considered for the cover of Fire Chief magazine.

yfd7.jpg

And an old school 10-29 up in Slobomb!