Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nyemt131411

Ossining Firehouse Dedication?

9 posts in this topic

Did anybody get to the dedication of Ossining's new HQ / house? I figure somebody must have some pictures! How was the turnout, etc etc....

Ossining Chiefs and Both Ladder 41 and Rescue 14 Building Committee's

post-2471-1138700573.jpg

Rigs IFO the New Building, the FAS team Utlity truck I believe will also be located here soon- not sure.

post-2471-1138700785.jpg

U51 (FAST utility truck) is in Ossining Steamer Co.'s(E98) building, the old L41 quarters. It will be there as far as I know until the new Hawkes Avenue (Steamer Co.) building is built there. U51 responds with E98 to FAST calls. That is the reason it will be relocated to Hawkes Avenue.

Check Ossiningfire.com and Villageofossining.org for photos and videos of ceremony.

Rigs IFO the New Building, the FAS team Utlity truck I believe will also be located here soon- not sure.

Steamer is getting a brand new building? Am I correct that the old ladder 41 is actually the same building but at a higher elevation.......was this always the case or is there some odd history to why this building is like this? My first trip through Ossining I was amazed at the 3 companies all within a stones throw from each other, although my Dept. is like this as well (not sharing a same building) but houses close to each other...common with many older north east departments.

Steamer is getting a brand new building?  Am I correct that the old ladder 41 is actually the same building but at a higher elevation.......was this always the case or is there some odd history to why this building is like this?  My first trip through Ossining I was amazed at the 3 companies all within a stones throw from each other, although my Dept. is like this as well (not sharing a same building) but houses close to each other...common with many older north east departments.

Yes, There getting a new building or in the process of trying to get one. Yes it is the same building on Main St. and Central Ave. Don't really know the History on why but its been like that for years. Monitor's Building was actually the Old DPW Garage. (The other Company on Central Ave. across from Steamer).