Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Dennis Leary's "Rescue Me" filming in Yonkers

7 posts in this topic

He's soon returning to film more of this new cable comedy about fire frighters somewhere in Yonkers. Already shot the pilot episode at Fire HQ so would guess that's where they are filming again.

Then again, with all the recent fires, who knows? maybe they'll use the entire west side as a back drop. Also filming alot in Far Rockaway, Queens.

Dr. Zuki

Since this show ia a comedy, maybe it will all take place in quarters like "Barney Miller" and "the Honeymooners."

But it would be nice if they film outside using some of the nicer sections in west Yonkers. YES, THEY DO EXIST.

According to fx, It's going to be a 1 hour drama, not a comedy.

I heard they filmed the pilot in Yonkers, but were filming at a soundstage in Astoria, Queens and locations shoots throughout the NYC boros. If it's true they are filming in Yonkers, I'd rather see them reflect the urban neighborhoods. After all, thats where more of the action takes place in real life and provides a much grittier background.

Which company are they renting their prop rigs from?

(Three major suppliers: pixxcars.com, movietimecars.com, autofilmclub.com).

As I'm figuring with the connections Dennis Leary has, and the authenticity that I'm hearing this show will have, I suspect they will be using "on loan" equipment from FDNY, similar to the Third Watch arrangement.

does anyone know when this show will air?

They wanted to shoot at Sta-1 again, but we were turned upside down the last time. It was a nice "honor" I guess, but a firehouse is a firehouse !! [-(