Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

60 Control Nextel Alerts

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on 60 control putting out alpha numeric alerts to nextel phones?

In order to be placed on the county's I-Page system you must be dispatched by 60 control and only to department owned pagers/phones that is attached to a valid CAD unit ID. The chief from each department must authorize who is placed on the system.

The I-Page is part of the county's CAD system.

http://www.westchestergov.com/emergserv/ipage.htm

What is I/Page???

I/Page is a secondary means of alarm notification via a digital device, such as a cell phone or blackberry device.

Notification is automatically sent upon dispatch of a unit. The format that is sent cannot be modified "on the fly", it will appear on your digital device in the same format each time a page is generated.

** This feature should not be relied on as your primary means of dispatch. It is only as reliable as your commercial paging service. 60-Control will not be held liable for delay or missed pages via this network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions:

Is there a charge for this service?? - Not from 60 Control, however your commercial carrier text messaging rates do apply. Check with your local carrier for rates.

Who Can receive I/Pages?? - This service is only available to agencies that are exclusively dispatched through 60-Control. It is up to the discretion of the local Chief or Commanding Officer to sign up the individuals who will be authorized to receive this service.

How do I sign up for this service?? - The form to sign up can be downloaded by clicking on the link above. It must be signed by the authorizing Chief or Officer and faxed to CAD Operations at (914) 231-1840. No verbal requests will be accepted.

What Devices will 60-Control send an I/Page to?? - Valid devices are listed in the I/Page document which can be downloaded by clicking on the link above.

How many units can be signed up?? - Each department is allotted 36 slots (10 Officers & 26 Members). Primary Response members should receive I/Page.

How do I make Changes?? - A new form with updated changes should be faxed to CAD Operations at (914) 231-1840. Changes will not be accepted verbally.

When will changes take effect?? - Our I/Page server is re-started once a week, usually on a Thurs. or Fri. Changes received after Thursday Afternoon would not take effect until the following week.

What Information is sent to my device?? - click on the above link to view a sample screen shot with explanation.

How do I get I/Page removed from my device?? - You must contact your local Chief or Commanding officer who signed you on to this service. It is their responsibility to fax a cancellation, NO Removals will be accepted over the phone.

I think these is a great method to aid in dispatch, othen pagers don't go off, or radio transmissions on locations are broken up thus it is hard to hear an address. alos thsi service works when out of the range of your pager, which is great. i only wish hartsdale was dispatched by 60 so i could take advantage of this.. i hope to see even more steps foward.

Just to drive the point home: This is NOT a means of dispatch. It is for information only.

Sometimes the Network you are using has delays.