Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1075thebox

Verplanck Marine 1 Sinks

11 posts in this topic

I just heard that Verplanck's Marine 1 (Fireboat 1) apparently sunk yesterday. Pictures to follow.

Damn, I thought I plugged the hole! haha

All jokes a side... that really sucks!

Sorry to hear about your loss VFD.

Salvageable?

Boy, first the tanker in Croton, then the VFD fire boat. Sounds like the gremlins are headed north.

Can someone confirm this rumor? Did the boat really sink? Were they underway? Is the crew ok?

Yes, it really did sink, I have scene the photos. It looked like no one was injured, and it looked like it was docked for the night, and never lived to see another morning

The weather starting getting rough,

the tiny ship was lost,

if not for the courage of the fearless crew, the minnow would be lost.

lol. Just a little light humor. Tough luck for the pointers...but they're some tough SOB's they'll get her fixed up.

It is true it did sink and it did sink when it was docked over night

I do not believe it can be salvaged it was under water pretty far no one was hurt when i find out further i will let everyone know

vfdeng126, thats too bad about M-1, that was a real nice fire-boat! Its a real shame that it happened, let alone the timing! The summer months are approaching real fast, and that is always a busy season for you guys with the river! Anyway, sorry to hear the bad news, and hopefully you can keep us updated. But as alsfirefighter said, you guys are some tough SOB's, so i know you will manage and figure something out!

good place for the boat,bottom of the river-nothing but problems since they got it! hope the next boat will seerve them better,the pointers take alot of pride in serving the boaters on the hudson and they deserve a good vessel on the hudson! keep things afloat!and keep up the good work on the high seas of the "hudson".

Any word yet if the boat is fixable or a total loss??

CG206 no word as of yet i will post when i know there has not been to much talk about it seems like there more concerned about what happened then how to repair or replace