Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plectron

Audible Civil Defense / Public Warning Systems

7 posts in this topic

I have a new project to work on that has been given to me by my chief. The project entails replacement of the old mechanical house siren with a new PA speaker system that will provide the siren tones and a voice alert system for our community. The questions I have for all of you out ther in cyberland are....

1) Dose anyboy have a system like this in the area?

2) How do you like it?

3) How much?

4) Any dealers in the area?

I know of a couple departments that have the siren system but i'm unsure of the voice capabilitys.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

a new PA speaker system that will provide the siren tones and a voice alert system for our community.

What do you mean by haveing a voice w/ the sirens, and with this voice will it give the address of the alarm. To you think that the family of where the alarm is at would like the whole town to know that there house is burning down. If it's a working fire that is. I'm not knocking the idea i'm just need some better more thoughts on this. AKA more info then provided in the above mention quote. :)

What do you mean by haveing a voice w/ the sirens, and with this voice will it give the address of the alarm. To you think that the family of where the alarm is at would like the whole town to know that there house is burning down. If it's a working fire that is. I'm not knocking the idea i'm just need some better more thoughts on this. AKA more info then provided in the above mention quote.  :)

What I mean by voice is in the event of a "Major Emergency" (ie: mass power failure due to a storm, indian point, things like that) making a voice announcement. For everyday use we would just send siren tones over it for alarms.

I have done some reaserch on the whelen system. But the question I asked was not who manufactures the system. Basicly I'm looking for a someone that has had first hand experience with this system and some feedback on it. If there is anyone out there then please PM me. I would love to question you to death and if possible view how the system is set up and operated.

When I was in college in Kansas in the early '70's, the city that I was in used an electronic siren and audible voice alert system to warn of tornados. Take my word for it, it worked well. I believe what you are looking for is not new technology.

Hi I am not too sure if it was a romur or not but we got a brand new siren that is digital i think. I heard from a few sources it was able to broadcast voice too but I am not too sure. I'll see if i can find some info on it.

Plectron-

Is this system going to be mounted on your PERV (Personal Emergency Response Vehicle)?