Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest IRISHFF

Yorktown To Get New Seagrave Ladder

21 posts in this topic

Some one told me Yorktown Fire Dept. is getting a new Ladder Truck. If it is true does anyone know what kind and the name of manufacturer.

Ytpastchief99-00 said

under More New Apparatus dated march 21 04

Yorktown has been running with a straight stick (100' midmount Seagrave) for over 35 years. We are looking to replace it soon with a straight stick. A 100' rear mount. One that will meet our needs and fit in our HQ.

It's Official.......1968 Seagrave getting replaced by 2005 Seagrave 100' rearmount on a Lo-pro chassis. Details to follow soon.

Congrats To Y-Town!!! I hear this new ladder will have a pump, though.

I hope they will keep the current L-51 (1968 Seagrave Midmount) as a department antique, or given to someone to maintain like a museum.....IMO,It's a true classic and does not deserve to be sent to the scap heap, or to a department that will use it temporarily and dispose of it.

Congrats YHFD!!!

Will this rig also be painted red?

With luck, a certain Department to your west may also see a Seagrave engine in 2005. [-o<

I would like to see it get put back to original delvery condition and color and sent to Hudson for display. It is a real piece of Yorktown and Northern Westchester history. Very few pieces of apparatus are such classics!

Yes it will have a pump on it. But for the most part it will be set up for Ladder opp.

Yes it will be RED with the same lettering package as Eng. 270.

Note: The current Ladder 51 color was a beige color when delivered in 1968. I Believe the color name was (Bamboo cream) We call it piss yellow. The New Ladder will have the county call number of ? ...... I guess we will all have to waite and see. :-k

It wouldn't be right for it to be 51 truck

ytpastchief99-00 I hate to see L51 go,

I also hope she goes to a nice home.

Ladder 51 will not be going. But the question is still coming up what the WC number will be. There isn't many out there to pick from. I would have liked Ladder 52 but that has been held for Millwood FD (maybe they would like to let it go) :-k

WELL... 52 Truck running out of the Big City of Millwood isn't that far from being a reality.... E-245 (Read: TS-2) is 22 years old at this point, and although it's a GREAT rig it's limitations with a rear mount 50ft TeleSquirt are beginning to be realized. It doesn't reach the top of Westorchard School and with the long driveways and front yards in developments like Random Farms, it's challanging at best to get a good spot behind the NCPD car (assuming the chauffer has the foresight to back in) and actually but the stick near the building. Sooo we'll be forming a committee before long to replace it now that it's twin E-248 was replaced with the Sparten/Sutphen in May-04. HOWEVER if I'm on the apparatus committee again Ladder 52 will have a 500hp 60 series like 248 and will be good for 75 ( shhh 68 ) mph up the TSP or will pull Hanover Hill like a champ... You can have Ladder 52 in Yorktown any time you like.... All kidding aside though... If we buy a mid mount 75foot Seagrave quint or Sutphen Quint maybe we can broker a deal to trade #51 for 52 and we'll keep #51 a mid mount designation in WC for another 20 years... =D>

Edward Smith

Captain (2254)

Millwood Fire Company

Sorry But Ladder 51 will remain in service in Yorktown. When the old lady does go it will be replaced with a Seagrave/ Aerialscope 95'

I thought you guys were going with another striaght stick....

I thought you guys were going with another striaght stick....

we are going with a straight stick (rear mount 100' low pro) when the new truck has been in service for 1 1/2 to 2 year the 68 may be gone and put in it's place a 10 year old Seagrave/ Aerialscope 95' But remember this is all still up in the air. The next rig to be replaced is R-16 and that will be started as soon as the new ladder is in. Yes when R-16 is replaced it will be RED.

....when the new truck has been in service for 1 1/2 to 2 year the 68 may be gone and put in it's place a 10 year old Seagrave/ Aerialscope 95'  But remember this is all still up in the air.

Sounds to me like another local FD may be getting a new truck.

No not a new one. It would be a used tower ladder. But like I said that's just talk right now.

With any luck the new ladder truck will be in by the summer of 2005.

No not a new one. It would be a used tower ladder. But like I said that's just talk right now.

With any luck the new ladder truck will be in by the summer of 2005.

I was thinking another department a little to the east of you that currently has a 2000 Seagrave/'Scope. That time frame wouldn't put it quite at the 10 year mark.