Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Mass Civil Service Test Scheduled for 6/10/06

6 posts in this topic

Massachussetts is holding theier 2006 Civil Service exams for firefighter state wide. You can pick 4 towns / cities you want to apply for if you are not claming residency in one town. Click the link below for further information.

www.mass.gov/civilservice

Also the deadline is April 24, 2005. They will accept applications up to May 15th for an additional fee for $25.

There is an age restiction for some departments. These departments will only accept firefighters at a maximum age of 32 (similar to FDNY's 29 y.o.a. restriction) so if you take the test, check before you apply to the towns. Boston is one of the departments with the age restriction. There are several that do not have an age restriction

Edited by IzzyEng4

I signed up for the test online and it did not indicate anywhere where you apply to the four towns or cities of your choice. Anybody know if they send you paper work for this? If so can somebody give me a little help

Thanks, Dave :D

You pick the towns / cities when you are filling out the test information the day of testing. When you get the packet there will be instructions and town codes. Make sure you read all of it. Bring it with you when you test just in case. I do believe they supply the town codes but I don't remember. It will be all spelled out in the packet.

I stay overnight up there that weekend so if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

Usually in Boston at several of there schools. Remember this is a state wide test and there is usually a couple thousand that take the test. You will be notified whcich testing location you are going to in your letter. I have been to different locations in Boston everytime I take the test.

From the Firehouse employment section, regarding Cities with upper age requirements:

You must also be younger than age 32 as of May 15, 2006, to be appointed as a Firefighter in the following civil service municipalities:

Acushnet, Arlington, Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Canton, Chelmsford, Dracut, Easthampton, Easton, Hanover, Haverhill, Hingham, Hudson, Ipswich, Leominster, Malden, Mansfield, Marblehead, Methuen, Milford, Newton, North Andover, North Attleboro, Norton, Norwood, Stoneham, Ware, Watertown, Wellesley, Westfield, West Springfield, and Wilmington.

You must be younger than age 32 as of June 10, 2006, to be appointed as a Firefighter in the following civil service municipalities:

Andover, Belmont, Boston, Bourne, Dedham, Falmouth, Fitchburg, Holbrook, Natick, Shrewsbury, Swampscott, Taunton, Westwood, Winchester, and Worcester.

Check our website for the most current listing.

There is no upper age limit for appointment in the following civil service municipalities:

Abington, Agawam, Amesbury, Athol, Attleboro, Beverly, Brockton, Brookline, Cambridge, Chelsea, Chicopee, Clinton, Cohasset, Danvers, Everett, Fairhaven, Fall River, Framingham, Franklin, Gardner, Gloucester, Greenfield, Holyoke, Hopedale, Hull, Lawrence, Lowell, Ludlow, Lynn, Marlborough, Marshfield, Medford, Melrose, Milton, Nahant, Needham, New Bedford, Newburyport, North Adams, North Reading, Peabody, Pittsfield, Plainville, Plymouth, Quincy, Randolph, Reading, Revere, Rockland, Salem, Saugus, Scituate, Somerville, Springfield, Stoughton, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Waltham, Weymouth, Whitman, Winthrop, and Woburn.

Edited by antiquefirelt