Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Federal Way LE Explorer Challenge 2009

8 posts in this topic

The Police Explorers in Federal Way, Washington (state) are holding a 2 day SWAT-style competition on February 21-22, 2009.

Events Include:

Drug Takedown

Active Shooter

High Risk Warrant Service

Obstacle Course

Felony Stop

Military Challenge (Pushups/Situps)

Sniper Challenge

Drug Field Raid

Defensive Tactics (Seminar)

Pistol Orientation

Kart Race

Hogan's Alley

Bus Takedown

Link:

http://federalwaypoliceexplorers.com/FWC2009.aspx

The Northeast Regional Law Enforcement Explorer Association is sending a 6-person team out there with 2 advisors. I'm definitely going along with another Captain from East Lyme PE, the rest of the team is to be determined. I'll hope to have some good photos/videos when I come back. Theres going to be ALOT of training required for this one.

Edited by SageVigiles

Bump.

Team now consists of the following:

1 Captain from Portsmouth, NH

1 Captain from Danbury, CT (me)

1 LT from CSP Troop K

1 Sergeant from Danbury

2 Patrolmen from East Lyme

We've started our training this week and, while we have alot of work to do, things are looking promising. Hopefully when we get out there we can hold our own against the West Coast teams.

Edited by SageVigiles

Bump again. I'm leaving my apartment now to get to the airport... talk about Oh-Dark-Thirty, I'll update everyone on how we do whenever I can, I don't know what my internet access will be like out west. Wish us luck, so we can show these West Coast guys how to do things.

Good Luck!!!! Kick Butt and take names!!!!

Hey everyone! We're back, and tired as all hell. This weekend was tough, the teams out there were all VERY good, about 17 teams of 6 out there. The team took 3rd Place in the Marijuana Field Raid, and our sniper team (Shooter: LT Fitzmaurice of Troop K, Spotter: Sgt. Galer of Danbury) took first place. We learned a lot of new ideas, next year we hope to field another team and come back with more awards.

Also, the idea is being passed around of a New England version of this SWAT competition, more on that as it develops. I'll post photos when John Visone posts them, my camera is MIA.

Great finishes, congrats.