Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Port Chester New Engine 61

16 posts in this topic

The new rig went into service today.

E61 is very close to what we are looking at for E119's replacement.

What did they do with the old yellow Maxim?

The new E-119 will be real nice if it is similar to E-61. Good Luck with the spec process...Remember585.........Hopefully you will see a new Seagrave Tanker/Pumper coming to a northern westchester fire house real soon .

The old yellow Maxim was donated to a department in New Hampshire.

Glad to hear old 61 is getting a good home, I hate to see old fire trucks put out to pasture........ Hard to believe how Maxims are left in Westchester........at least the od Max was replaced by a beautiful new SEAGRAVE!!!!

New Hampshire, eh? Any idea which dept?

Speaking of the old Maxim rigs...

Where'd they all go?

I know our old E118, a 1963 Maxim was junked. And our old L44 a 1971 Maxim went to the Upper Jay, NY Fire Department. Rumor had it that it is their first aerial, and the next due is some 20-30 miles away...WOW!

I happened to stop by the "wet down" a few weeks ago. The rig looks very nice!!!!

Mellor Hose No. 3's 74 Maxim is now in Alexandria NH, where it joins The Brooksville E& H Co. , No.5 1957 Mack and Reliance E&H Co., No. 1 1958 Ward LaFrance

It's become a retirement home for our old engines.

Trivia regarding the 74 Maxim... The engine was placed in service at the June 30, 1974/ July 1, 1974 Gullivers fire when Mellors 1956 Ahrens Fox was stripped of it's equipment and taken out of service. The switch was planned for that day and that was the place to do it as they would end up on scene for quite a while. Also this was the first non Ahrens Fox that Mellor had as a machine since 1926.

The new 61 is quite a battle wagon. The old yellow bird , as she was known when she was first delivered was a battle wagon in her day. I remeber it well when it was placed in service on N. Main st. It was bittersweet , because of the incident it was at. My dad was Lt then . Later that day he took me and my brothers to Holy Rosary to pray for everyone. That old Maxim saw some work over the years. I never got to drive it, but I do drive the LAST MAXIM ever built here is CT.

good Luck new 61 !

the new 61 got in an accident the othe day going to one of our calls reported fire at an elemntary school

Ouch, Did anyone get hurt, and was there much damage done?

no 1 got hurt driver side pony holder got dented and scrathched