Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csf248

Amazing Rigs!

9 posts in this topic

Those are all amazing rigs but I dont see the functablity of most of the rigs.

Cool site, great non-conventional rigs in the pictures.

WOW :o, thats some heavy duty equiptment.

Those are all amazing rigs but I dont see the functablity of most of the rigs.

I guess it just goes back to what works best for a particular department. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are "EXTREME" but each one has a qualities to it that make it unique. I really dig the Atlanta crash truck, and that Orange County brush truck is close in design to FDNY's BFUs. Although, when I think heavy rescue, LAFDs' and the one from Germany IMHO are big @$$ wreckers and not recues.

Chicago runs smoke-ejector/exahuster/ventilation units and FDNY has some of the POD units stationed around the City for collapse and/or hazmat equipment.

There's only three rigs there I don't see functional for firefighting. The monster truck, jet truck and hot run. Those are clearly show vehicles. Something for some of the LI dept's.

One of my favorites is the Broward County rig. 4800GPM!!!! Now all you need is a water source to supply that.

That Freightliner "Attack 64" looks like one heck of a truck! Speaking of Freighliner- the new Unimog trucks are pretty cool looking and would serve a good purpose as a brush or "mini- attack " truck. I cant see why more departments arent using them.