Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LineCapt

Inexpensive, durable Digital Camera

3 posts in this topic

Can anybody reccomend a durable yet inexpensive digital camera. I would like to take one to work with me, but I don't want to have to worry about breaking it and would like it to be sturdy for the same reason.

What are you looking to spend?

My opinions:

Probaly the best option would be to buy a disposable camera, and when you go to develop the film, get the photos on a CD. That way, if you lose the camera, you only lose 10 bucks.

The other option, is to buy a used digital camera off Ebay. Chances are, if you buy from a reputable person, you can get a good camera at a decent price. Many people tend to sell their older cameras there when the upgrade. But it's Ebay, so you have to be very careful about who you buy from.

Personally, I think for a good, durable camera thats nice and small, especially when you have to tote it around at work among other equipment, a Canon Digital Elph is your best bet.

Before I got into the digital scene I always had a disposable camera in my bunker pants. I got some of the best shots from that and I couldn't believe it. The only problem that I ever had with that camera is that the night shots don't come out good unless the scene is lit like its day time. I just started using the elph and its good, takes good shots and if you upgrade your memory card you can get a lot of shots in. So far I have onle had one problem with the elph and i have yet been able to fix it. I keep getting memorycard errors. So if I can fix that the camera is great....