Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester DES Gators Available For Brush Fires

8 posts in this topic

As part of a recent DES email regarding a "red flag alert", the county advised to the following:

We also now have available a Gator with a firefighting skid system. It carries a 70 gallon tank with pump and booster line. It also is equipped with an 1 1/2 inch hard suction for drafting. If needed call 60 control and we will have it trailer to your location.

Definetly a neat tool to have in our collective arsenal.

now the kicker is, how long will it take to get the gator on scene. I can think of only a few brush fires in the county that have lasted for extended lengths of time.

Any one happen to know who would be transport this gator? i guess during the day the fire brigade members could probably but what about at nite, and the ETA to the scene, deffinatly a nice tool to keep in mind but just brought to light a few questions in my head.

Once again, a nice step in the right direction by DES. But as always, like clock work, The question of tranport of this new vehicle comes into play. And yes, the ETA to the scene. Before buying new toys, a lot of logistical thought needs to be placed inot matters such as these.

But again, nice that DES had a nice thought in mind to buy one. Let's see how the first request goes, that'll project all future requests for it.

Here is some of the same questions and some new ones!

The New Westchester County ATV's

I would like to suggest those who have questions to either call DES or have your chief's attend the monthly DES meetings they hold where the top brass are there and answer questions that those may have.

I have to say looking at the Gators brings the kid out in me :D:):)

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

I am sure that SOG's,training and all of the above will be answered soon. hudson

Does anyone have the paper work for the gators. This would be great for removing hikers that got injuried and to help extinguish brush fires. Please email me with papers for gator if anyone has them. Thank You