Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EMSwhitecloud

Voted In

8 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share with all of you (except cg206 bc you know) that on Thursday I got voted into Mohegan FD and I will be starting training in the spring. Just looking for pointers to help me out during the class.....

Congrats :( read through an IFSTA Essentials book if you can during the winter. Also, if you can, go down to the Firehouse as much as you can and observe, learn the equipment, where it is, etc

CONGRATS!!!

See you at the "BIG ONE" which will be in Peekskill!!!

Well, I was the first to know. Heck, I told you the good news, LOL. Anyway, I look forward to working with you in the future! It should be fun. :D

congrats, you seem really dedicated and i am sure you will be an asset to your department,

with reguard to training, i suggest you do read the Ifsta manual, and spend as much time a the fire house as your can, talk to your fellow members, learn the equipment, what it is and where it is. in Hartsdale prior to being able to go to a fire ground we require whats called 10 hours of training, this includes SCBA, Ropes and knots, Ground ladders, hydrant hook ups, equipment location on our rigs, fire behavior videos, and personal protective equipment. try to learn some of this stuff, as the volunteer officer in charge of training i feel that this knowledge and have been told be fellow member who have recently gone though basic and intermediate find them selves way ahead of some of their class mates who may be putting on their gear for the 1st time at basic.

well good luck

One tip for you YG - Keep your eyes and your ears open all the time. Learn as much as you can and when you think you've heard it all, go take another course. A good firefighter is a LIFE STUDENT of the service.

Good luck in your endeavors.

REMEMBER585 SUMS IT ALL UP. YOU CAN NEVER LEARN ENOUGH.