Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

Muster At Croton Point Park

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember when the last fire muster at Croton Point Park was? I recently found some photos I took there, but i never put the dates on them. I will scan the photos and post here ( Under Protection from the Past in the near future) I know i have Bedford Hills old snorkel, Yorktown Heights antique E276, and Tarrytown's Ahrens-Fox.

If anyone has any info on the above listed apparartus, it would also be appreciated. I know that Yorktown Heights engine 276 is a 1934 Maxim

Here are some photos I took at the last Croton Muster, I think in 1989.

first up is Yorktown Heights Engine 276, a 1934 Maxim.

yorktownheights.jpg

Next is Hope Hose Co. of Tarrytown. it is a 1952 Ahrens-Fox , the last piston-pump to be made by Ahrens-fox.

tarrytown.jpg

Now up is Beford Hills Snorkle 1, a 85' FWD/Young Pittman Snorkle. Retired in 1999 when replace by TL-57. Unfortunately, I could not get the whole boom in the picture,

snorkle1.jpg

Finally is a rescue truck from Tenafly,NJ. It appears to be a 1950's Seagrave, but I could not find any info on this unit.

tennafly.jpg

The NJ Seagrave is between 1959 and 1970. Those are the years the 70th Anniversary Seagraves were produced with the quad headlights.

The last Croton Point Park muster was 3 years ago because they didn't have 1 last year and the year before that it was at Kensico Dam.

Oh, OK I didn't realise thye still had the muster 3 years ago. These pictures are definately from 1989 or 1990..I was still in HS (boy I feeel old) :)

The Tenafly Seagrave is 1963 with 250gpm pump and 300 gallons of water. I got the info from : Firepics.net Lots of good photos from all over ther country.

The Tenafly Seagrave is 1963 with 250gpm pump and 300 gallons of water.  I got the info from : Firepics.net  Lots of good photos from all over ther country.

the Ahrens Fox is a 1952 HT Piston Pumper last one built Ahrens Fox was the Rolls Royce of Firetrucks

Bring back the Croton Muster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anymore pics of tarrytown's fox, my father used to belong there and pumped that eng.

Thats the only picture I have been able to find in my collection, so far. I'll keep looking, since I've moved about 7 times since then. Most of my photos ended up in different boxes <_< .

Thats the only picture I have been able to find in my collection, so far.  I'll keep looking, since I've moved about 7 times since then.  Most of my photos ended up in different boxes <_< .

To Goon16 I am an ex captain of Hope Hose if you email me at my screename and tell me who you are I may be able to get you pictures and you may be eligible to get a replica Ahrens Fox about a foot long that the company has had produced it is fantastic Valhalla2481@aol.com

Man those Musters were always a great time! I used to look forward to them every year. Always was the last Saturday in June and if memory serves me right it almost never rained! I remember when they were at the Kensico Dam originally.

The one they had three years ago was nice but nothing like it used be. I was hoping that it would start a comeback but it hasn't happened.

Bravo billo647!!!!

Bring back the Croton Muster!!!!!

2 years ago @ kensic dam they also had a chili cook off and i remember White Plains won Peoples choice awards for there chili.

Found a few more pictures today. First is a classic American Lafrance from Great Neck, Long Island, assigned at one time to Alert No. 1.

alert.jpg

Next is Thornwood's antique, A Ford Model T

thornwood.jpg

The last picture I found is a piece of apparatus from Ft. Miley, California. I can not find any info on this piece of apparatus, but it looks to be in great condition.

ftmiley.jpg

I wonder why know one thought off roofs back then in the cabs???

I wonder why know one thought off roofs back then in the cabs???

Preference... Just about any rig made from the mid 30's on could be purchased with a roof of some sort.

The "B" model Mack that I own originally was built with a roof. When the apparatus committee arrived in Allentown for final inspection in 1957, they told Mack to cut the roof off and replace it with a removable metal frame covered in canvas.