Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foreman1923

Westchester county fire test ?

8 posts in this topic

This is probably already a topic of discussion but when is the next westchester county fire test?

Edited by foreman1923

June 2007, 4 years after the last one in June 2003.

June 2007, 4 years after the last one in June 2003.

Have to see if I can better my score this time around :D And have enough money in the bank to afford to take one of the positions offered!

Anyone have any information on how to sign up for the test or a link to a website with more testing info...?

Thanks,

Kris M.

TMFD

The exam applications are usually posted a predetermined amount of time prior to the exam date. Start looking at the Westchester County Human Resources website around Feb. 07. Or, just keep checking Bravo

Edited by 648eng119

The exam applications are usually posted a predetermined amount of time prior to the exam date. Start looking at the Westchester County Human Resources  website around Feb. 07. Or, just keep checking Bravo

Thanks, any advice on getting ready for the test?

Thanks, any advice on getting ready for the test?

I took the White Plains and County test together. From what I can recall, the County test is not fire specific - general math, logic and reasoning pretty much. There are books at the library and book stores on Civil Service tests and firefighter in particular.

In most cases, the tests don't assume any prior knowledge of fire-fighting.

I've been studying from some Prep test books, and a lot of the questions are common sense, mechanical aptitude, and memory recall. Monty is right. Sometimes, you might be better off going in without knowing anything about firefighting. If you go to any book store, they will probably have a few selections of test prep books. My advice is to find one, and stick to its guides.