Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Why alcohol, adrenaline and fire dont mix - wow

18 posts in this topic

way to go there. thanks for driving over the line. they should have put the stream through his window. think he would have seen that?

He must have been drunk or something, he didn't even look like he was going all that fast over the line...

People just get smarter and smarter everyday....

Hmmmmmm.......... Betcha he wasn't a duty officer for long after that.

He must have been drunk or something, he didn't even look like he was going all that fast over the line...

It doesn't take much to rupture a hose, that car is probably a good 4000 pounds. I wonder what he was thinking, a drive-by size up? Never let anyone drive over your hose once you are flowing water thru it.

It doesn't take much to rupture a hose, that car is probably a good 4000 pounds.  I wonder what he was thinking, a drive-by size up?  Never let anyone drive over your hose once you are flowing water thru it.

Agreed, If a car's clearence from the gound is 3 to four inches and a line is charged with a five inch diameter, well do the math, your gonna damage it. A case of not thinking at all. Unless you have a hose ramp, your gonna damage them at some point.

Before we even mention the yahoo with tunnel-vision in the car, perhaps looking at the hoseline placement onto the roof?

I am not sure about the roofs in some areas, but where I live they are designed to shed/repel water? Directing a water stream onto the roof will do the same, right?

The car rupturing the supply line really couldn't hamper the operation if the lines were improperly positioned to begin with.

All seriousness aside, that was one of the funniest things I've EVER seen in my life. I can't stop laughing, it's making my stomach hurt. :P:lol::lol:

You would almost believe that it was staged if you didn't know better. I mean honestly, can anyone really be THAT stupid??? :P Wow.

Edited by res6cue

Goes to show you how important fire police are or at least securing your scene. If a firefighter could be that ignorant to do that imagine how easy it is for a civilian - Where i'm from getting a water source is precious business - you can bet we're not losing it to some idiot who doesn't take the time or care to see where he's driving.

. I mean honestly, can anyone really be THAT stupid???  Wow.

Yes, they can , and most likely are that stupid. Perhaps Pville2371 can help me out with this one, Several years ago right after Pleasantville got 5 inch hose, someone (a civilian) ran over and burst a length of 5" hose. If I rememeber correctly, our commissioner wanted to send a bill to the person, in order to replace the damaged length.

Yes, they can , and most likely are that stupid.  Perhaps Pville2371 can help me out with this one,  Several years ago right after Pleasantville got 5 inch hose, someone (a civilian) ran over and burst a length of 5" hose.  If I rememeber correctly, our commissioner wanted to send a bill to the person, in order to replace the damaged length.

Civilians I can somewhat understand. With all the flashing lights and mayhem, it's fairly easy (and understandable) for the average joe to get overwhelmed and completely confused. Not to mention most civilians probably don't exactly know that they can't drive over fire hose (even though I do think it's in the DMV manual), so they probably figure "I can drive over my garden hose, so fire hose HAS to be tougher."

In any case, it's really all moot points because the imbecile in the video was a first responder of some sort. I just can't get over how completely oblivious and/or ignorant this guy had to be to not only run over the supply line, but cross in front of the attack line and drive, what...10 feet?...in front of a fully engulfed structure. Mind boggling.

I probably shouldn't post this, but that sure did remind me of a Hatzolah battle wagon, a very familiar and frequent site in Rockland. :P

Goes to show you how important fire police are or at least securing your scene.

I know Fire Police that would achieve that stunt themselves....

I saw this somewhere else and it was believed to be a spoof.

I agree, it was funny, and reminds me of some of the Chief's cars in my area when I was a kid, especially my own father's gold Chevy Wagon.....

And, speaking of 5" getting run over.....here's some units that have run over Engine 119's LDH over the years......E126.....CPD.....TL44......I guess poop happens once in a while.

Chief

Has

Arrived

On

Scene

Edited by Remember585

I know Fire Police that would achieve that stunt themselves....

I saw this somewhere else and it was believed to be a spoof.

I agree, it was funny, and reminds me of some of the Chief's cars in my area when I was a kid, especially my own father's gold Chevy Wagon.....

And, speaking of 5" getting run over.....here's some units that have run over Engine 119's LDH over the years......E126.....CPD.....TL44......I guess poop happens once in a while.

Chief

Has

Arrived

On

Scene

CHAOS! I like that! LOL!

People make stupid decisions all the time. I had a similiar incident where a car realized they started running over a 5" line on the ground and opted to drive with it between his tires. Problem was once he reached a coupling it got caught under the car, when did my partner and I realize this was happening, when we were pulled against the engine where the 5" was connected because he pulled the hose. Thank god he wasn't flying or he could have broken both our legs. When the line got charged it ruptured from where his catalytic converted melted the hose. We quickly swapped out the length and I believe the M/A department that laid into the hydrant from the engine got his license number filed a report and sent him the bill.

Good pick up on the fire stream placement. They weren't doing anything and that was the wrong size hoseline also.

That was not very bright. You could have put hose bridges or something over the hose or even parked the car off to the side. Because breaking that hose could very well have put peoples' lives at risk. And did I see a red light on the top of the car too?

This video is old. I was posted once before I believe.

That was not very bright. You could have put hose bridges or something over the hose or even parked the car off to the side. Because breaking that hose could very well have put peoples' lives at risk. And did I see a red light on the top of the car too?

Yes there was a red light on the car, i bet the company took his light permit away after that :lol::D:D

i saw this in firefighter 1. Definatelly one of the better firefighter bloopers i've seen.