Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mstrang1

Passing of Tom Brennan

8 posts in this topic

Just read this on Firehouse.com

Passing of Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan was a longtime member of FDNY and retired as a Deputy (or Battalion, can't remember...) and held the position of Chief of Waterbury(CT) Fire Dept. and was a longtime editor at Fire Engineering.

Its been automatic for me to always turn to the inside rear page first before anything else in the fire engineering.RIP Mr.Brennan.

Another wealth of knowledge lost. RIP Chief Brennan.

I will miss his " Random Thoughts" column as well as his participation in the "Roundtable" in Fire Engineering. He had a knack for making you think and ponder on issues. May he rest in peace.

I will miss his " Random Thoughts" column as well as his participation in the "Roundtable" in Fire Engineering.  He had a knack for making you think and ponder on issues. May he rest in peace.

I'm another reader of Fire Engineering that read the last page first. I had the pleasure of meetiing Tom at a seminar sponsored by Yonkers FD at the Polish Community Center close to 20 years ago. He was a down to earth Chief who loved swapping his knowledge with what he called " the brothers". His wit and expertise will be missed by all of us in the fire service.

It is truly is the turning of the page for the fire service. Through his writings he had the ability to bring important points to people in a way that everyone could relate to. He came, contributed to our fire service, and made it better.

Who is next to step up and carry our cause?

His ability to break almost everything down to a story - Brooklyn FD style, was a trip. An endless series of true stories, helped to turn knowledge into something with a face. Hail and Fairwell!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and co-workers.

May he rest in peace.