Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A WTC movie?

16 posts in this topic

I was talking to someone about that new united 93 movie and someone mentioned of a new movie about the wtc coming out pretty soon? Anyone hear about it? i still don't think it's time for a movie like that to come out...

i saw a preview on tv the other day - I believe Nicolas Cage was NYPD in it. This is going to be real touchy. I don't see the point in reliving it on film - isn't there enough film from that day? Pretty pathetic if you ask me...... :):lol::D

Read that Oliver Stone is doing it and most of it is not shot in NY.

One of the widows of the PAPD officers portrayed in the movie has been speaking out against it due to "conflicts" she has had with the producers.

One of the widows of the PAPD officers portrayed in the movie has been speaking out against it due to "conflicts" she has had with the producers.

I just caught this on the news this morning. The movie portrays a PAPD officer who was trapped in the 1st tower collapse, rescued, and then died trying to save people when the 2nd tower collapsed. They apparantly use his real name and everything. The officers widow is protesting the scenes because she said she, and her 2 children, are not "ready" to see the detailed version of the death of her husband.

:)

I just caught this on the news this morning.  The movie portrays a PAPD officer who was trapped in the 1st tower collapse, rescued, and then died trying to save people when the 2nd tower collapsed.  They apparantly use his real name and everything.  The officers widow is protesting the scenes because she said she, and her 2 children, are not "ready" to see the detailed version of the death of her husband.

Oliver Stone, Here comes a movie that will have all the half baked crack pot theories that you can shake a popcorn bucket at.

Read that Oliver Stone is doing it and most of it is not shot in NY.

Where was that? Ya know, if they make a movie like this (not that I agree AT ALL), you think they would AT LEAST film it in the damn city. Morons.

Can you blame them for filming elsewher; about a year or so ago an FDNY probie got drunk stole a truck and actually crashed it into a scene they were preparing to film. Movies are a business. they film whats necessary on location and film teh rest where they can get the most bang for their buck. If I'm not mistaken Flight 93 was filmed in England.

Edited by ny10570

I think there was some trouble with filming in NYC, since it is such a sensitive issue. I believe it was shot at a studio in CA.

The widow from the news stories is not one of the main characters widows because if you watch the intro from the movie website, there are short interviews from the two PAPD officers whose stories are told in the movie. Obviously these guys agreed to let their stories be told and that makes me more willing to see it.

I really don't see the point in making a movie... Hasn't everyone gone through enough... Just my thoughts...

once again...Hollywood sticking their nose where it doesnt belong. They seem to always think they have the answers/remedy for everything...

its too soon...it will always be too soon. Flight 93 in my first impressions was going to be a terrible movie that totaly warped the events of 9-11. When I finally saw it, i was brought to tears and realized how wrong I had been. It was done in a compleatly tastefull and honorable manor.

This movie however I feel will not be portrayed in the same light. "Mr." Stone will change events in order to make the moive more appealing I feel.

9-11 is just something that you cannot remake, ever. Everyone knows what happened that day, i really dont think we need to relive it, expecially through a directors eyes

Edited by EMSJunkie712

I think alot of people are gonna get PTSD from seeing the interior collapse scene. from the looks of it it could be a good movie IF IT HAD BEEN DONE BEFORE THE ATTACKS!! i mean come on does the public need to reopen these wounds again? haven't we had enough? these film companys and tv stations come up with the worst crap to scare the bejesus out of people. if it is not the WTC its bird flu, if its not bird flu, it's terrorists that are living in the US. i mean maybe it's time to dull this crap down a hair. let people try and get there lives together.

I think that if you want to make this movie, do it Saving Private Ryan style, wait say 30-40 years and then it is history. it is there to teach the kids who have not been born yet what happened. hey guess what we are all alive, we lived through it, we all saw the planes going into the tower like a million times a day, we don't need ot be reminded.

Now the movie looks like it is well put together and i am glad that it is a TRUE story and that the two men involved gave the green light. too soon, yes. but i am gonna need to see more of it before i pass judgement on the film visually.

The flight 93 movie...MAYBE...if like mentioned it was done honorably and accurately. The WTC Movie? Im tired of seeing rich people make themselves richer off the misery of others. This should not be made, it should be left alone. They are starting to beat this silly now, and they should respect all who gave their lives that day and their families and just leave it alone.

Hollywood can sometimes be dis-tastefull and dis-respectfull. :lol:

Jonesy