Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iceemt21

Ride Alongs

7 posts in this topic

Does any body know busy departments that allow ride alongs? Of within the area NY, CT, MA, NJ

I did a ride along with Danbury Fire Dept. Engine 22. I don't know if it has to be school related though. I was in high school at the time and I was doing a job shadow as part of a class. But it's worth a shot call Danbury FD headquarters. I don't remember who you need to talk to though

We used to allow them here in Newark. But that stopped on 9-11-01.

There is no where in CT that allows ride alongs that I know of. Most departments have stopped this due to insurance reasons, officially.

Unofficially is another topic and cannot be discussed here.

Edited by IzzyEng4

You can always take a trip down I 95 and ride with Kentland MD or Manassas(SP) Fire Department In VA

Edited by goon16

Im wondering..... Becasue this summer i was thinking on doing a story about Rye FD for the local news station in Rye (RCTV) and i was thinking on doing like a kinda ride-along themeish show/story about the fire department and everything.... and your all talking about how its not allowed!?!??!?! And if anyone here has done a project or something like this can you guys give me some guidelines or suggestions?!?!??!?! :) Thanx

Im wondering..... Becasue this summer i was thinking on doing a story about Rye FD for the local news station in Rye (RCTV) and i was thinking on doing like a kinda ride-along themeish show/story about the fire department and everything.... and your all talking about how its not allowed!?!??!?! And if anyone here has done a project or something like this can you guys give me some guidelines or suggestions?!?!??!?!  :) Thanx

If this is what your doing talk to the chief of Rye FD. Its a media thing I am sure there is something they can do. I can't say what you will do or not do but I am sure they will be willing to help out.