Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest CrotonFalls33

EMT Patch

16 posts in this topic

Anyone know the policy on NYS EMT patches? I recently got my certification letter and card in the mail. Does NYS issue the patch, or is that something that i must purchase privately?

Anyone know the policy on NYS EMT patches? I recently got my certification letter and card in the mail.  Does NYS issue the patch, or is that something that i must purchase privately?

You must buy it privately. Depending on your department's rules and regs you can either buy the yellow one or the blue one.

NYEMT-Gold%20big.jpgNYEMT-B%20big.jpg

Don't forget the white and blue EMT and Paramedic patches that Empress EMS and a few local VAC's use. Personally, I like them!

I've always been a fan of the blue one. Even if people do mistake us for state troopers with it on. :rolleyes:

I personally like the blue one. I feel that it looks professional, and should be part of the uniform. I go to Ct on a regular basis, and scratch their heads at the HV-REMS patch. I think we should be wearing the NYS patch...

newyork2.jpg

Im all for the blue/white one (still love the throwback orange), think it looks the best.

I always liked "Cabulance Driver" best.

And of course from a patch collector standpoint I think New York may have more rockers than anywhere else, most of which I've seen in blue only.

as a 'rellatively new EMT', IMO the orange "tombstone" patch that my dad sported back in the '80s - early 90's is still the best, that's why I still wear them on my personal gear and I am pushing for their publication @ my volly and my paid EMS agency

I'm all for the blue "tombstone"

its also what we must wear at my VAC

I always like the blue tombstone one as well.

Edited by JBE

I wear the blue NYS-EMT patch on my uniform shirts, but i have the older style yellow one on my turnout coat. The reason i chose the yellow one for my turnout coat is that it stands out better on black.

I personally like both patch styles for their design & colors. They both look professional and stand out.

My favorites

user posted image

user posted image

and, the ugliest patch ever

user posted image