Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Brewster Parade 2006

21 posts in this topic

If I'm not mistaken, the Brewster Parade is this Thurdsay night.

Since I haven't been to this parade before, I was curious as to where the lineup was, and what the parade step off time and route is?

I'm not sure yet if I will be attending, but I am really trying to get some Putnam County apparatus photos...epsecially Brewster's elusive Tower Ladder and Rescue.

If you want a pic of Brewsters tower it is normally parked on the die of their HQ with the falg on it and normally does not appear in their parade. yes the parade is thrusday someone already gave you the route and the start time is 1900 hrs.

If I'm not mistaken, the Brewster Parade is this Thurdsay night.

Since I haven't been to this parade before, I was curious as to where the lineup was, and what the parade step off time and route is?

I'm not sure yet if I will be attending, but I am really trying to get some Putnam County apparatus photos...epsecially Brewster's elusive Tower Ladder and Rescue.

Depending on how I feel, I may head up that way tomorrow. If not, I am planning a Sunday trip up there to hit a few houses and get shots of some rigs. One of them being that elusive 11-5-1.

Edited by JBE

Is there any rumor of the parade being cancelled due to the predicted storms coming through that area ?

NOT A CHANCE IN H*LL!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the skies held tight until the parade was over !!! I think the PCSO deputy who dumped his bike in front of the firehouse wished it was rained out. Thankfully he wasn't hurt and the bike wasn't damaged!

I thought this parade used to be bigger and on a Saturday ?

Thankfully the skies held tight until the parade was over !!!  I think the PCSO deputy who dumped his bike in front of the firehouse wished it was rained out. Thankfully he wasn't hurt and the bike wasn't damaged!

I thought this parade used to be bigger and on a Saturday ?

Nope, been on Thursday as far back as I remember. Though they did run an anniversary parade years ago.

Some of the winners (I think - correct me if i'm wrong)

Best Overall - Mahopac Falls

2nd Best Overall - Mahopac

Best Tanker - Lake Carmel

Best Firematic Colorguard - Somers

Best in Line 30 and up - Croton Falls?

Having brain-farts about the rest - I know Put Valley and Put Lake won a few here and there, and I think Lake Carmel and Mahopac Falls won Best and 2nd Best Ladies Auxillaries.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it. It's always been on a Thursday as far back as I can remember. The last time I marched was 90 or 91, and it was a huge parade, there were departments from all over the place. I think the furthest away I saw was an engine from Lynbrook, Long Island.

Anyone get shots of 11-5-1??

Best Pumper - Stony Hill Engine 3 [bethel Ct]

Nice try but that pic of 11-5-1 is probably 2 years old, at Home Depot safety day (I took it). !!-5-1 is not that hard to find. x635 can call any time. And by the way 5-1 was parked across the street with the bucket up and the flag flying.

I know i know just trying to be helpfull... ha ha

well, the parade's been on the last thurs of july for at least the last 20 years or so...except for the 125th anniversary mardi-gras and dress parades years back.

While I was sitting next to 11-5-1 during the parade I noticed a "FDNY Patch" sticker and "6 Truck" lettering, was this a former FDNY piece?

No. The only tower ladders that FDNY had that were rear mounted were the ALF/LTI rigs from the early 80's. Aside from some Pierce bodies on some old Rescues and Haz Mat 1's current second piece, there have been no other Pierce apparatus in the city.

BFD and 11-5-1 assisted FDNY Ladder 6 with a funeral for a Ladder 6 member who was killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.

Ladder 8, out of TriBeCa, was the decal you noticed. Brewster, Croton Falls (Engine 149), and Bedford Hills FD (Tower Ladder 57) we asked to assist in the memorial for Lt. Vincent Halloran, Ladder 8 FDNY. He made the ultimate sacrafice on 9-11.

Edited by DADAY

We better see some pix up here soon. . . . :D:D

Pic's of the parade, courtesy of smile-ny.com

www.smile-ny.com

Many pictures from a lot of parades.