Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Croton Engine 119 Wetdown

65 posts in this topic

Theres a pic of the shirt on there website   biggrin.gif

Let me try to put it here....

user posted image

If you can't see it, visit www.engine119croton.org - it's on the home page.

PS - if it looks a little fuzzy it's because I shrunk the image size.

Edited by Remember585

Nice!

Is the Mack still around, despite it's "retirement"? Sure would be nice to get a pic or two, or six, or whatever on that day.

Nice! 

Is the Mack still around, despite it's "retirement"?  Sure would be nice to get a pic or two, or six, or whatever on that day.

Yes its in our station still waiting for a buyer sad.gif

IT'S NOT WHITE. I'LL WAIT FOR "94 ENGINE" SEAGRAVE MARAUDER IN 2007. SAVE ME A DOUBLE X OR YOUR FIRED.... tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Unfortunately, I can't make it, but somebody set me aside an XL shirt.(Jeeper, hook me up buddy!!)

Personally, a wetdown with no water just doesn't seem like much of a wetdown to me. I distinctly remember one a number of years back with Mahopac driving 18-3-1 with the little twirling brush sprinkler off the back of the rig, through the back yard of the firehouse, with someone humming the flight of the Valkyries over the PA. Ahh good times.

Edited by JBE

For those of you who can't make it, here's a more recent photo with everything done.

user posted image

I'll check with Carl @Excelsior on who he used - they're very well built and will suit our needs perfectly.

Unfortunately, I can't make it, but somebody set me aside an XL shirt.(Jeeper, hook me up buddy!!)

Gettin' your boards mixed up a little? LOL!

what are you keeping in those strong boxes??????

The box between the cab and hosbed stores out little giant ladder and the box on the driverside by the hosebed stores all types of tools and equip extras also equipment we rarely use but need. For example watervest, extra brush tools, tarp etc.

what are you keeping in those strong boxes??????

In addition to what Sqaudco119 put - the bigger box on the drivers side can also be used to carry a 9th and 10th firefighter, if they are equal to or smaller than the size of our Captain....

Just kidding Jimbo!! laugh.gif

might be a stupid question..... What does the 2 represent in the maltese cross on the door?

Just curious.......

Found out the answer....... COMPANY 2 I got it

thanks

We're Engine Company No. 2, even though we were the first company formed in Croton. When the three companies (Chemical, Washington and Ladder) were incorporated into the Croton FD, the Washington Engine Company refused to become a part of the Department because of water supply concerns, so we were the second company incorporated.

What's ironic to me, is that in 2006 we are still concerned about water supply issues in the district, so we have a larger tank, carry more LDH and run Tanker 10 as well.

Sorry for the pointless post, I just like talking about our history from time to time.

Edited by Remember585

Will the Mack be outside during the day's events? If so, maybe I'll stop by there earlier to shoot it and grab a shirt or two, and then come back later on my way home for the rest of the thing.

Can somebody give me directions to the croton firehouse either from the bear mountain bridge or route 9 off the tappan zee bridge thanx mellow.gif

Nice shirts! How much are they going for biggrin.gif

Edited by MESS11FOREVER

From the south: Take Route 9/9A NORTH to the Senesqua Road exit. Make a right and the firehouse is on your left.

From the north: Take Route 9/9A SOUTH to the Senasqua Road exit. Make a right, the firehouse is one block down on your left.

Fromt the east: Take Route 129 WEST into Croton. Make a right on to Grand Street. Go through the center of the village, bearing right on to Old Post Road North. At the stop sign, make the left on to Brook Street. At the end of Brook Street, make a right on to North Riverside Avenue. The firehouse is three blocks up on your right.

Shirts will be for sale at a price of $18.00.

From the south:   Take Route 9/9A NORTH to the Senesqua Road exit.  Make a right and the firehouse is on your left.

From the north:  Take Route 9/9A SOUTH to the Senasqua Road exit.  Make a right, the firehouse is one block down on your left.

Fromt the east:  Take Route 129 WEST into Croton.  Make a right on to Grand Street.  Go through the center of the village, bearing right on to Old Post Road North.  At the stop sign, make the left on to Brook Street.  At the end of Brook Street, make a right on to North Riverside Avenue.  The firehouse is three blocks up on your right.

Shirts will be for sale at a price of $18.00.

Thank You

Edited by MESS11FOREVER

I'll be there at least once, possibly twice. smile.gif

Sorry I can't make it guys.

But to my brothers from Engine 119, one of the best bunches of firefighters I've gotten to work with and be friends with best of luck with the new engine.

T minus 4 hours!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DMA327

Rumor has it that water was flowed by a town.... biggrin.gif

Rumor has it that water was flowed by a town.... biggrin.gif

Yeah, we did have a small water fight. Pearl River brought over an engine, and on the first time by just got the Seagrave. (They even gave us a chance to shut the doors on the rig and firehouse). When they came back the 2nd time, we had 2 memebers with water cans hiding in the bushes, and our tanker and mack fired up with the deck guns. A good time was had by all!

The Croton wetdown was an awesome time and definately worth the ride!!

I came across alot of great things..

the food

the cakes with the new and old trucks on it

t-shirts

new engine 119

people/fireman (very nice/friendly)

the girl in red shorts tongue.gif

what pearl river did made it more fun

the mack in pump