Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dutchess results?

26 posts in this topic

anyone know how much longer until we find out our scores on the dutchess county fire test??

anyone know how much longer until we find out our scores on the dutchess county fire test??

Call Dutchess County Personnel 486-2169

Thanks for the phone number. According to the lady that answered the phone the results will be in early september!!

Does anyone know if they have ever hired out of county people (especially if they score really high on the test) off the Dutchess County FF list???

I know people who have been called off the Westchester list that live out of county. I was wondering if this ever happens in Dutchess.

anyone gotten results back yet?

You know, its ironic. Even before I noticed your post in here, I had planned on asking the same thing today.

As of yet, I have not heard a word, not even a rumor as to when the results will be coming out.

Recently, someone told me that they heard on the day of the exam, 3-5 months before results came out. The last time they gave the exam, I received my results in August (the postmark on my envelope, which I have here sitting next to me was August 15).

Seems kind of ridiculous to take this long to put them through a Scantron machine. Then again, on the other hand, they have to wait a certain amount of time for people to go through the test to make sure there are no discrepancies, no "bad" questions, and such things.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

I heard the results will be out this coming week.

Does anyone know if they have ever hired out of county people (especially if they score really high on the test) off the Dutchess County FF list???

I know people who have been called off the Westchester list that live out of county.  I was wondering if this ever happens in Dutchess.

You need to hold residence in the department you are going to work for to show up on a prefrence list.

I called last week, they told me the results will be mailed out by thursday the 14th of september. Good Luck!!!!

I know people who have been called off the Westchester list that live out of county.  I was wondering if this ever happens in Dutchess.

If you're on the firefighter-paramedic list they will...

I heard the same as master firefighter Drobison82; this coming week.

What are my chances if I score between 95-100 on the test, don't live in Dutchess County, and don't hold a paramedic license?? Any info would be great...Thanks!

If it came from "The Rock"...it MUST be true!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! The license plate attacks!!!!!

Drobison82 representin' tha rock rollin' on dubs yo w00t w00t!!!!

What are my chances if I score between 95-100 on the test, don't live in Dutchess County, and don't hold a paramedic license??  Any info would be great...Thanks!

I scored a 95 on the last exam, and ranked #29 in the county, but did not hold residency in any paid district. Well, 3 years later, there I was taking the exam again.

Hope that clears it up juuuuuuuuuust a little for you.

Good luck nonetheless.

I scored a 95 on the last exam, and ranked #29 in the county, but did not hold residency in any paid district. Well, 3 years later, there I was taking the exam again.

Hope that clears it up juuuuuuuuuust a little for you.

Good luck nonetheless.

People.... just like every test you have to play the game if you want results. If you are that serious on getting hired you will move into the hiring city/towns that are offering the test. wacko.gif

The Dutchess County results are out today for Paid Firefighter.

Edited by drobison82

Anyone know which departments are hiring and how many?

Its a game of politics people. Get your name out there, show your face. If they wink.gif have volunteer / paid staus JOIN the vollies to get your name known to the district !!!!!!!!!

Well the results are in..I got mine today.. smile.gif

315 people passed with a 70 or higher. 1 person got a 105. (prob. a vet.)

lots of 95 & 90's. smile.gif

You need residency. I got a 100 in Dutchess in 1995 and was #5 on the list but didn't have residency and never even recieved a canvas letter during the legnth of the list. To echo the previous posters establish residency where you want to work.

Arlington Fire Department budgeted for 4 career Firefighters for 2007.

Grades and how many people got them.

105 - 1

100 - 11

95 - 67

90 - 105

85 - 64

80 - 56

75 - 47

70 - 34

Grades and how many people got them.

105 - 1

100 - 11

95 -  67

90 - 105

85 -  64

80 -  56

75 -  47

70 -  34

In other words, if you don't have at least a 90 on the test, the odds of getting hired aren't very good....

Edited by emt301