Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Supposedly, Greenburgh PD*EMS Has Hired EMT's

9 posts in this topic

So, I'm hearing rumors that Greenburgh PD has finally hired civilian EMT's to fill out the staffing in their ambulances. Apparently, they will be starting in the next copuple of weeks.

If this rumor is true, this is an awesome move by GPD...this has been needed for a long, long time. Greenburgh EMS, which is a division of Greenburgh Police, is a very busy EMS system and call volume increases each day. Currently, the civilian Paramedic responds alone in an ambulance, and depends on a patrol sector officer or firefighter to drive the ambulance to the hospital. The Police Officer operates the PD BLS ambulance, and usually meets up with the Police Officer-Paramedic Flycar and that makes a complete ambulance. Having an EMT on the civilian ambulances will free up a police officer, make care quicker, more independent, and efficient, and improve response times. I hope this rumor is true, especially given all the other extragvagent expenditures of this town, such as a $50,000 a year "personal aide" to the town board.

WOW I hope it is true as well, I also hope other area VAC'S and towns follow suit

Edited by Watersource

Did see anything about this. How do you get a job?

If this is true, this will definatley be an awesome plus for the department. This will free up sector cars and allow them to respond to other calls as they are often sent an EMS calls and other calls are held.

Heard the same stuff - from what I was told, they are looking for at least 3 years of professional experience. You would submit an application/resume and that resume would be graded on experience and pertinent certifications. This info is a few months old, so don’t quote me on anything.

I was told by a friend that was hired that it is only part time for now and eventually they will be hiring full time emts to free up po's from ems

Does anyone know the applying process for this job?? or the qualifications for this?

smart move you can't have police officers on the ambulances or the paramedic cars, this move would help get ambulances out faster to calls

Does anyone know the applying process for this job?? or the qualifications for this?

Heard the same stuff - from what I was told, they are looking for at least 3 years of professional experience. You would submit an application/resume and that resume would be graded on experience and pertinent certifications. This info is a few months old, so don’t quote me on anything.

Edited by 66Alpha1