Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Attack On Journalist Caught On Camera

21 posts in this topic

Did anybody see this video of a reporter attacked yesterday in San Diego?

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News/De...TY&pageId=3.3.1

Even though the "investigative" reporters can be obnoxious and proviking, this attack was extremly viscous and crazy that they were so angry they did it on camera.

Edited by x635

Did anybody see this video of a reporter attacked yesterday in San Diego?

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News/De...TY&pageId=3.3.1

Even though the "investigative" reporters can be obnoxious and proviking, this attack was extremly viscous and crazy that they were so angry they did it on camera.

I agree reporters can be obnoxious but you don't put your hands on people, especially while a camera is present.

this reporter got what he deserved. Nearly everyone involved in this deserve an a** whipping. These reporters are constantly harrassing people and think they are above it all just because they have a camera. And while often the people they are after are trash, it is not the role of these clowns to convict people of these crimes. Every once in a while a story comes out about these investigative reports being false or misdirected and there are no repercussions or accountability. Besides, watching the behavior of these people, its obvious that its escalating and the reporter continues to provoke a reaction out of them. He got it and I hope he enjoyed it.

Edited by ny10570

this reporter got what he deserved.  Nearly everyone involved in this deserve an a** whipping.  These reporters are constantly harrassing people and think they are above it all just because they have a camera.  And while often the people they are after are trash, it is not the role of these clowns to convict people of these crimes.  Every once in a while a story comes out about these investigative reports being false or misdirected and there are no repercussions or accountability.  Besides, watching the behavior of these people, its obvious that its escalating and the reporter continues to provoke a reaction out of them.  He got it and I hope he enjoyed it.

How dare that reporter investigate someone using another guys name and finacials to buy a house for himself. So what if some poor guy loses everything he owns because someone stole his identity. I hope those two rott in jail. I wonder who they were gonna rip off next.

Without taking a side, the reporter clearly provoked the woman.

Without taking a side, IF the reporter is on private property and is told to leave, then he got what was coming to him.

Alot of these reporters think the First Amendment provides them with a mandate to do whatever they damn well please. Since they are reporters, then the world is owed to them.

Yah but now the guy has an assult record and since it was caught on film, more than likely the reporter will sue. And vice versa. This will be a total mess reguardless what we all think. Any chance of having credibility to his name now is trarnished if he was not involved with what the reporter was accusing.

Holy Sh*t Thats pretty crazy. I supppose it was sort of provoked, but still, you should never attack somebody. You simply file a harassment complaint with the police . . but o wait, the house your living in was bought with somebody elses money . . . that might look just a little suspicious to the police.

Those of you who truly believe the reporter "got what was coming to him" need to have your head examined. What a stupid thing to say.

While investigative reporters may indeed be obnoxious at times, they're just doing their job, which usually involves dealing with low lifes who are trying to screw people over. To compare them to scum like the paparazzi is just not right. These guys help crack plenty of scams that the cops otherwise couldn't care less about, until sufficient attention is brought to them where the cops have no choice but to act. Do they make mistakes? Occasionally, but more often than not they perform a good and needed service for the public at large.

NO ONE has the right to physically assault another person, period. If this couple felt they were being provoked or harassed, then they should've went inside their house, locked the door and called the police to have the reporter removed. End of story. This isn't about self defense, the reporter never laid a hand on anyone. It was pretty clear that the woman was overreacting from the start and was the one who introduced the physical aspect of the confrontation by throwing water at the camera and then slapping the reporter. I really don't see evidence of the reporter doing a damn thing to provoke any kind of self defense on the couple's part in the form of a physical assault.

Edited by res6cue

Res6cue is correct and I agree with him on this, the reporter never laid a hand on anyone. Obviously what is worng is worng but still the aftermath is going to be a nightmare for all involved.

Res6cue is correct and I agree with him on this, the reporter never laid a hand on anyone.  Obviously what is worng is worng but still the aftermath is going to be a nightmare for all involved.

Agreed with. Assualt is assault, and on top of it these weren't two 'Grade A' citizens to begin with. And with the camera rolling...wow, that's ballsy on the assulter's part. This is case closed when it goes to court. And as for the lawsuit, I hope the reporter sues and gets everything they "own". If he does the right thing he'll give it back to the rightful owner.

I'm no legal expert, but cracked ribs??? I think that's 1st degree assualt, and with the rock involved, it may be lifted to a low degree attempted murder on the woman's part, or at least attempted assault with a weapon. And on top if it, if the stolen identity thing does pan out, these people are going away for a LONG LONG time.

Yes, it may have been a little wrong to be on private property, but come on. Nothing justifies what happened here. Don't stand up for the assualters. They don't deserve any pity from any of us. Good thing the PD arrived quickly with guns drawn, or this may have been much worse.

My 2 cents...hopefully the system works in favor of the reporters and the ID theft victim.

MORE TO THE STORY:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-09070...la-story-footer

It turns out, the reporter wasn't even on the attacker's property. He was on someone else's property entirely interviewing the other guy for the story (the same guy who helps him out in the video) when the couple drove up to confront him. The wife was also heard saying "I'm going to get the gun" to the husband right as the cops were pulling up.

Still think "he got what he deserved"? rolleyes.gif

Thank you Res6cue!

While I share the sentiment about most reporters, this guy didn't do anything to deserve broken ribs, lacerations, and a human bite.

The couple who were the subject of his report also have a history of assaultive behavior on their so-called clients (victims?). So, with all that in mind, I'm not passing judgement on the reporter - rather I'm saying that those two loons need to spend some time in the big house!

I do have a question about the camera man though. If one of your colleagues is getting his a$$ kicked, are you going to stand their filming it or are you going to help the poor ba$+ard?

The crooks that were the focus of the story will get what they deserve and the reporter got a good thumping. As for the camera man not stopping, two things. You have a tendancy to become detached from what your viewing and you become focused on shooting. Also, the camera ops and reporters offten don't get along and would be happy filming the beating. Besides, that footage is gonna make the assault case a slam dunk.

IMO, as soon as one person becomes physically violent, they are in the wrong. Agreed the reporters are S.O.B.'s if this women had half a brain she would go inside shut the door call the police. Its matter like these that make me think we are no different then animals. Did anyone see the recent footage of the football player father tacking another player??? When people take matters into there own hands and get violent, its nothing but trouble and moronic.

how dumb do you have to be to beat someone while it's being taped??!!

As someone stated, the reporter was on another person's property, not the ones that assaulted him. I also believe I heard him say in an interview that they violated an order of protection that the neighbor may have had against them as well. Add trespassing and menacing to the charges, she came on the other guys property and did clearly make a statement of a gun and if there is an C.O.P. then she is gonna get time.

Most camera operators will continue to film. No different then combat cameramen and especially in a situation like that. That film is priceless of who they are.

love how in the second link the reporter makes it clean that his face was "gouged and scraped". "we're not talking about somone going a few rounds, we're talking about somone ripping, gougeing, scratching, and even biting me". thanks from the dramatics buddy, now stop when people ask you to stop..

Nvm...not even worth it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by res6cue

I saw his face...she did a number on him. Also, he wasn't filming them he was conducting an interview of another person on the property next to theirs. He does have the right to film, it was news...not paparrazi bull$hit. If they didn't do what they did he wouldn't be there.

Those of you who truly believe the reporter "got what was coming to him" need to have your head examined. What a stupid thing to say.

notice how I started the post:

...Without taking a side, IF...