Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pierce Introduces 2 New Exciting Chasis!

41 posts in this topic

there goes there buisness

Pierce is getting rid of the Dash, Saber, Lance, and Enforcer chassis. They are just about done now, and will last only until the non-2007 EPA compliant engines are used up, which will probably be quite soon. (Info from Kent Parrish firepics.net)

Wrong move. mad.gif

i agree, the dash, lance and arrow were great looking trucks and also were very reliable. hopefully seagrave continues with its traditional look.... welcome to the future, just something we will have to get used to i guess ohmy.gif

Personally i the that the Velocity is a beautiful truck, with exception to the ugly mirrors

mirrors kill it, im not a fan of the quantum either. saber is good looking though

So, I got to see the new Velocity in person today. I took a bunch of pictures that I have to give to seth to post, but pictures do not do the truck justice The mirrors don't look all that bad, and they provide great coverage for blindspots. I was talking to one of the reps and he said that you can also get the truck with the tradition side mirrors. The truck was absolutely amazing, power everything, everything was LED. The roof had to be about 7 feet above the floor in the back of the cab. The truck was sitting right next to several other brand new Pierces and it absolutely blows them away when it comes to function. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that it did not have roll up doors, but its probably an option.

Overall great truck even when put side by side with other Pierces

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that it did not have roll up doors, but its probably an option.

It is an option...I too saw the truck today, and I've gotta say I'm mixed after sitting in it. Probably the most comfortable & functional cab I've been in (next to the '06 Quantum), but then you get out and have to look at the thing and it turns my stomach (especially w/ Pittsford's new Dash sitting next to it, knowing that you can't get that anymore mad.gif ).

For any dept.'s that think they might have an interest in buying a Pierce 10-man cab in the future, this would be the one. A rep. told me that this Spring Pierce will be introducing the split-cab option to the Velocity, making it the 10-man cab truck.

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that it did not have roll up doors, but its probably an option.

Roll up doors are a body option, not a chassis (cab) option. The Velocity is a chassis redesign and will have very little to no impact on the options you can get on a Pierce body, whether it's a pumper, aerial, rescue or anything else you spec and they build.

The new cabs are growing on me a bit, I have to admit. I definitely do not like them as much as the Lance/Dash, nor will I ever. I'm glad our rescue will have one of the last Lance cabs produced. One thing I still cannot understand is how the XT is large enough to house the 07 compliant engines but the Lance/Dash are not. There is very little noticeable difference between the designs, and it would certainly appear that they could be modified to comply. Oh well, no use complaining about it, what's done is done.

Y'know, after seeing 10-75's pics there, maybe the Velocity isn't all that bad. I think it will take some getting used to, and will probably grow on me eventually, like the Quantum and Spartan Evolution have. I think the mirrors would be better if they were painted the color of the body instead of that chrome or stainless steel, whatever it is.

I'd like to see one with the traditional mirrors, and painted in "normal" colors. That will be the real test.

Still, no matter what they do with it, it will not change the fact that the Dash and Lance are gone. That sucks.