Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang22_2002

FDNY med/physical test

13 posts in this topic

Hi all , just took my psyc test last week. Wasn't to bad 600 questions and three drawings (HTP) test . Was just wondering if you guys can give me any help with the medical and physical test coming up in the next few months ? I know there is the stair master thing and a hearng test .. The eye test is it a chart on the wall like the dmv or one of those machines you look into ? I believe it's 20/50 vision in each eye ? Any help or any other info would greatly appreciate .

didn't the physical come before the pych test? and as for the physical start traing and running everyday. it is the step mill, then a ladder raise, pulling a fly section of a ladder using the halyard, a wall breach, a maze, a hose drag, and a simulation of pulling ceiling and lifting a hatch. it is quite hard if you are not in shape.

Someone was telling me that you have to be on the stair master for 2 minutes now without a significant heart rate change....can anyone verify this?

The Med test is the following

Vitals- BP, Pulse, Weight

Eye test - Yes that little machine thing

Lung test - Check for Lung capacity and Asthma

Hearing Test

EKG

Blood work - with Urine sample and Drug test.

Should also be a chest xray.

Stair Master. I cant remember the time frame. But it's something along the lines of the test. You get one warm up, get off and rest, then back on again. Depending on your Age you can't have your heart rate go over the targer number.

I think thats all of them, it's like 7 stations.

Hearing Test

EKG

Stair Master. I cant remember the time frame. But it's something along the lines of the test. You get one warm up, get off and rest, then back on again.  Depending on your Age you can't have your heart rate go over the targer number.

Just got my letter have to go in two weeks !! Hope I can pass the eye test .

If you fail the Eye test you are allowed to go get the Eye surgery and go back and try again. I don't think this rule has changed.

If you fail the Eye test you are allowed to go get the Eye surgery and go back and try again.  I don't think this rule has changed.

Thanks for the information

Hearing Test

EKG

Stair Master. I cant remember the time frame. But it's something along the lines of the test. You get one warm up, get off and rest, then back on again.  Depending on your Age you can't have your heart rate go over the targer number.

so there is no ladder raise, hose drag, maze... in there physical

WestPrideEng I belive that you are confused there is a physical test with the hose carry, ladder raise and all of that stuff. There is also a seperate medical test wich tests how healthy you are as opposed to the physical. They are too different tests.

WestPrideEng I belive that you are confused there is a physical test with the hose carry, ladder raise and all of that stuff. There is also a seperate medical test wich tests how healthy you are as opposed to the physical. They are too different tests.

ok thank you for clearing that up

Anybody know if they are making phone calls yet? I got a buddy who is waiting. He passed everything. He said he thinks the next class starts right before Thanksgiving and heard he may get a 5 day notice if he got the job. Is that true?

Thanks

I tried a modified version of the FDNY Physical Test and its really hard...............eight stations.all under 10 minutes with 8 stations

It is by far the most energy I have ever used in the shortest amount of time

It is by far very hard and trying i have ever done

The stairs are the worst, then you need to move on to the hose drag.....if you can get past those two its money baby but dont over exert yourself...your no good to the FDNY if you are dead

but enough said......good luck.........its a lot of fun

Anybody know if they are making phone calls yet? I got a buddy who is waiting. He passed everything. He said he thinks the next class starts right before Thanksgiving and heard he may get a 5 day notice if he got the job. Is that true?

Thanks

5 days would be alot