Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sr71

Who Still Runs Maxims?

23 posts in this topic

my dept runs a maxim 1972 open cab pumper (E31) and i was wondering if any depts in the metro area still run them?

heres a pic of E31 and E32 on our up and coming website (to replace the other one soon)

Not metro area....but Banksville, a station across the NY/CT line for Greenwich, runs a 1976 Maxim F Model 85' mid mount stick, open cab. (Ladder 77).

Quoting X615 below, my department (Bedford Village, NY) used to run a 1968 Maxim S water supply truck up until the year 2000 (Engine 108). The truck is now placed at the fire museum in Hudson, NY.

Edited by BedfordFire

heres a pick of our maxim engine (sorry the pic before didnt load)

post-4680-1160186943.jpg

glenbrook 1963 s open cab engine 33

turn of river 1986 mack superliner tanker 68

bedford had a 1960's s and i think glenville had one as well. don't know if either still have them

Armonk still runs a Maxim F model engine. It is their water supply unit.

Take a look up in Mass. Plenty of em up there.

Stepney Fd Monroe CT runs a 1972 Maxim, it has 3000 feet of 5 inch on a reel, used for water supply

Take a look up in Mass. Plenty of em up there.

Orleans Cape Cod mass.........1976 Maxim 85' midmount two man cab IN SERVICE as ladder 176....

does anyone have any pics of these great trucks?

thanks

SR71

Armonk E287? Banksville L77? Rye E193? White Plains E210?

Those are the only ones I can think of that are still around (I think).

I do recall quite a few that WERE around in Westchester at one point, including my favorites, the old E118 (63 convertible) and L44 (71 mid-mount).

Armonk E287?  Banksville L77? Rye E193? White Plains E210?

Those are the only ones I can think of that are still around (I think).

I do recall quite a few that WERE around in Westchester at one point, including my favorites, the old E118 (63 convertible) and L44 (71 mid-mount).

Rye E193 is a Hahn... Retired L26 was an 85' Maxim TDA

Dodgingtown Vol. Fire co E-221 [1986] Newtown Ct [supposedly last sold]

Georgetown Vol Fire Dept s model converted to a tanker Redding ct

Rye E193 is a Hahn... Retired L26 was an 85' Maxim TDA

Thanks! Which rig was yellow? Was that L26?

Thanks! Which rig was yellow? Was that L26?

E193 is the "Yellowbird"

E193 is the "Yellowbird"

thats what we call 31

Port Chester E-61 Mellor E & H had a 1970's yellow Maxim pumper.

In New York city in Queens in the broad channel area the local volunteers have a Maxim engine that was rehab not that long ago. Check out Mike site in the special unit area at www.fdnytrucks.com thank god Mike has that site.

Chris

Just a little tidbit about the renegade warriors moniker. That was bestowed on the BC guys by a chief in the 47 Battalion while back. It is a pretty sweet looking rig. I just feel bad for BC because they really need a new home. The present firehouse is presently falling to pieces and the rigs are lined up on Noel Rd, and the side streets.

(Racks his brain for a moment...)

Charlton, MA (distant, obviously from the main jurisdiction of this board has a beautiful Maxim Tanker. And it's ALL Maxim, an S-Model, not with other bodywork or something.

East Haven, CT used to run a Maxim until very recently. There are photos on FDNYTrucks.com, I believe.

Armonk also runs a Maxim as Engine 287-D'oh!

Spring Valley used to have a Maxim.....

Sparkill runs a Pirsch, not a Maxim....

I can't think of any others at the moment.

I hope this helps.

-Da Buff

They were fairly popular in the 60s and 70s here in Rockland. Blauvelt, Central Nyack, Monsey, Nanuet, Pearl River, Piermont, Spring Valley and West Nyack all had one or more at some point.

The only one left in service is Central Nyack's 1976 pumper 2-1500. It was refurbed by Pierce and mounted on an Arrow chassis in 1995. It was originally in service as 2-1501 with a 750 gallon tank, but was upgraded to 1000 gallons during the refurb. (thanks to Brian "Photofires" Duddy for the detailed info!)

(Racks his brain for a moment...)

Charlton, MA (distant, obviously from the main jurisdiction of this board has a beautiful Maxim Tanker. And it's ALL Maxim, an S-Model, not with other bodywork or something.

East Haven, CT used to run a Maxim until very recently. There are photos on FDNYTrucks.com, I believe.

Armonk also runs a Maxim as Engine 287-D'oh!

Spring Valley used to have a Maxim.....

Sparkill runs a Pirsch, not a Maxim....

I can't think of any others at the moment.

I hope this helps.

-Da Buff

East Haven's Maxim last ran as Engine 5 (Foxon Vol. Engine) before being replace by Ford / Pierce in 2001. The Ford Pierce ran as Engine 5 until being replace by the Pierce Saber. The Maxim was Engine 3 (carrer Foxon Engine) and I beleive ran as Engine 1 out of headquarter prior to that. I think its a pared piece now, unsure though.