Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firehouse By Cross Bronx Expressway?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what companies are housed in the single bay firehouse that looks out over the Cross Bronx Expressway? On your left heading south. I want to say it's close to where an Amsterdam Ave sign is posted.

I believe that would Engine 89 and Ladder 50, but I could be wrong.

Matt

sounds like its Engine 46 / Ladder 27, Right next to the 48 Precinct.

If it was Amsterdam Avenue, you'd be in Manhattan. The only houses that border I-95 that you can see are Engine 89/TL-50, which is on Bruckner Blvd off of Tremont Avenue when the highway is in the cut and the house is above you. That's actually where the Bruckner Expressway and the Cross Bronx meet. Then you have E-46/L-27 which is below the highway. They are on the service road. Engine 42 is not too far from the Cross Bronx, however I don't think you can see the house from the highway.

I work in that area. I think it is eng. 42. The Amsterdam Ave exit off of the s/b Cross Bronx is the same exit for the Major degan, it is also in the area I see Eng 42 All the time!!! And yes Amsterdam Ave is in Man. but the exit is in the Bronx!!!

E46/L27 is between 3rd Ave and webster cloese to Rescue 3.

Edited by amacjr08

42 Engine is not a single bay house a bunch of ears back ladder 56 was with them before they built the fire house on Webster and 187. I dont think you would be able to see the doors on 42 quarters anyway as they face north and 175 and monroe is not in view of the cross bronx.

Edited by CPAGE

[attachmentid=1384]

Then you have E-46/L-27 which is below the highway. They are on the service road.

I know that you can see 46/27 from the Highway(I95). You're looking down at the building on the left (heading south), can just make out the sign over the door and the flag as its close to the highway enough to block the full view from the southbound lane.

post-2764-1160915069.jpg

Edited by antiquefirelt

Thanks guys

Try FDNY Apparatus Locations, this will show you the location of the Company's quarters. NYCFire.net had something similar, but the site says it had a server crash.