Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com Version 4.0 Beta- New Main Page

How Do You Like EMTBravo Version 4.0?   134 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Like EMTBravo Version 4.0?

• I Love It!
    • I Like It
    • It's Ok
    • I Hate It
    • Bring Back The Old EMTBravo Main Page

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Members-

I have spent basically the last 2 days redesigning the main page of EMTBravo.com based on feedback recieved from members.

There are still some bugs to be worked out (and I would appreciate you reporting any you find), but the page is now live. You can see it by visiting EMTbravo.com

This is our most drastic change of the EMTBravo.com main page since inception in 2003. With all the new content being added to EMTBravo.com, the old page was becoming cluttered, and straying away from our vision of a clean, simple, and easy to navigate page. We hope you find this new page easier cleaner and easier to navigate.

Note this browser has only been tested in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are having problems viewing using any other browser, please let me know which browser you are using and what type of problem you are having.

PLEASE, let us know what you think about this new page! And please note, the work is not complete. We are launching it now to hear your feedback so we can tweak it to make it even better.

Thanks to all who submitted input that led to these changes. If enough members don't like this new page design, I will bring back the old format.

-EMTBravo

I dig it. Nice job brother.

I really like the new page, everything flows and is grouped together well...one thing I liked about the old page is the separation of the photo links with the boxes, with small photo examples under th link. It made the stand out really well. If you could put that in the new page, I think that would be great.

I Just Like the Original Blue. But my favorite one was the Blue one with the American Flag style at the top. Im not really feelin this one as much.

I like it, Its great to just view the page and not have to scroll all the way down.

Like it Seth, cleaner, easier to find different forums, very professional, nice job.

I would like to see the "EMTBavo" in the dark blue over a diamond plate background w/ an American flag waving on the right hand corner..... also, maybe darken the overall page background....

Keep up the tremendous work. It's amazing that the Forum is getting close to 5,000 members!!!

For those of you missing the old site, or just want to compare, it is still available:

http://www.emtbravo.com/oldindex.php

Does this one still get updated like the new one?

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Does this one still get updated like the new one?

I won't be updating the old version (you can still view it at http://www.emtbravo.com/oldindex.php)

However, if enough people DO NOT like the new redesign AND voice their opinion here, I will return to the old design.

I hope that people will like this new redesign, and appreciate the input so far. PLEASE keep the feedback coming! This new version is still a work in progress.

And, I know some people don't like change...some hated these forums when we changed from the old one, then grew to like this version....so give it a little time if you hate it as well, maybe it'll grow on you. This is a radically different EMTBravo.com then the one you've been visiting for the past 3 years, and even I need to adjust.

Well I like the new version, its great

Well I like the new version, its great

Thanks. Spending the past two days straight working on this, and even forgetting to eat, I appreciate the positive feedback a ton.

In addition to the looks, I also should mention this site is less dependant on graphics, and the code is a lot cleaner and modern, so it should load more quickly and smoothly.

It also makes room for some other things I have planned for the site.

As for the header, that is something I will work on in the future.

I like it Seth, if you and the web team need any help, just give me a shout!

Ps, I hit Rockland and Bergen County NJ on Saturday, so I will be sending you some more shots. The New City, NY tower is a great looking piece... wink.gif

A lot of people are viewing and voting in the poll above....it doesn't take much to hit the add reply button and give your feedback too. This site is all of ours. The more members who give input, the better it can be.

What do or don't you like? Should I switch it back to the old format that we all know and love?

I like the new website a lot... I think you sould make another pole, with the same questions but ask people how they liked the old EMT bravo site.... just to compare

This new version is definitely a lot easier to use. The format everything is presented in allows you to see most things without scrolling. It seemed like on the old page you'd have to scroll quite a while just to get to the different sections.

The new design looks good, but currently I am getting horizontal scroll bars, since i am using 1024x768..

maybe adjust it so people with older systems can see all the text properly..

Stuart

Looks sharp!

Keep up the never-ending quest for perfection! (I'm also on that same path....it feels like an uphill battle and I'm driving a 20,000 pound car with a one-gear transmission and less horsepower then a leaf blower!!)

Love the site, love the forums and loving the ambition. Hat's off!

Great job, Seth!!!!!!!!

I think the new website looks a lot more professional.

I just want to make 2 suggestions:

For the pole that you have going, maybe you can make another one that asks the same questions but about the old EMT bravo site, to compare.

Also, the recent topics is nice, but i liked when you were able to see who posted the last comment, maybe you could put that back in there, just make the text that says the user a little smaller.

great job!

Home page is much better -- going in the right direction.

I like the change and the colors, but the original was much slicker and well put together. Something about it just appeared more polished.

The change supprised me when I signed on. It looks good but being a creature of habit it will take some time before making my final decesion

I like the layout but I think there should be more tewaking to it to make a lot of the links and separations more eye catching. The color scheme is good.

So, should we stick with this design and keep fine tuning and building on it, or should we switch back to the old page?

I like it less scrolling to get to the good stuff! good job

I like what you did to the front page today it looks great and is very easy to work. Keep up the great work and Thank you for giving all of us a great site use.

Keep the new page, and build off that one.

Keep the new one.