Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Dobule O's In Fishkill

14 posts in this topic

Today, I went to Double O's Resturant on Route 9 in Fishkill/Wappingers.

Now, to the people who have been to a Cheesecake Factory resturant, isn't it VERY similar to that? The menu is the same in so many ways, lol.

Decent resturant though. Although my favorite Dutchess County spot will alway be that diner in Hyde Park, I forget the name, but it's good stuff.

Today, I went to Double O's Resturant on Route 9 in Fishkill/Wappingers.

Now, to the people who have been to a Cheesecake Factory resturant, isn't it VERY similar to that? The menu is the same in so many ways, lol.

Decent resturant though. Although my favorite Dutchess County spot will alway be that diner in Hyde Park, I forget the name, but it's good stuff.

Double-O is indeed good eats. The service still needs work, but the menu is great.

And the place in Hyde Park is the Everready Diner. AND... it's owned by the same people that own Double-O. They also own Coyote Grill, Dutchess Diner, and a few other good places up here. I think they own a donut place in Peekskill too.

If you want other good eats up here in the northland, try the Stockyard in Hopewell (Route 82 btwn 376 and Beekman Rd). The best prime rib I have ever had. In fact, I've been there 4 times in the past 5 weeks.

If you want other good eats up here in the northland, try the Stockyard in Hopewell (Route 82 btwn 376 and Beekman Rd). The best prime rib I have ever had. In fact, I've been there 4 times in the past 5 weeks.

And the Stockyard is owned by the same people who own the "84 diner"

(Double O is in the Village of Wappingers)

Edited by JetPhoto

I'm just glad the stockyard is back.

I think your thinking of the Eveready Dinner. Double Os reminds me alot of the Cyote Grill (food is awsome) in Poughkeepsie...the decor is the same, makes me wounder if its owned by the same people...

66Alpha1

CYOTE GRILL AND THE DOUBLE O REST ARE OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE YOU WILL FIND THE SAME STAFF AT THE TWO REST ONCE AND AWHILE FOOD AND SERVICE IS GOOD YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO TRY LILIANA'S ITALIAN REST ON 376 BY THE AIRPORT (THE OLD WORNOCK HOUSE) THE OLD OWNERS OF VILLA MARISA ON RT 55 IN LAGRANGE NEXT TO THE HIGH SCHOOL

I thought the Double O was better as the Rolling Rock, The barking frog is good for taco tuesdays and Mill street panda (?) is amazing gourmet chinese food.

I just recently got back from the Double O, and I won't be going back there anytime soon. The wait staff was kind of pushy. It was like 4 or 5 times in the first ten minutes we were there, the waiter would ask, "Are you ready to order yet??" Dude, let me take off my coat please. The food was a little too pricey for my liking, and not worth what we were paying. Getting back to the wait staff, could I at least take more than one bite before you come over and ask me if everything is ok??

The dessert stuff looked tasty, but like I said, it isn't worth the trip for me to go back.

X635,

You should check out the Hyde Park Brewery! It's close to where the Drive-In is on Route 9 in Hyde Park. I was there for my BDAY back in April.

If you don't go for the Good Food, Good Beer, then go just to see the

Bartender..... Ashley! OH MY!!!

Dutchess guys know what I mean? HAHA

biggrin.gif

Don't forget about the Daily Planet on 55 in Arlington. It's also owned by the folkes that own Double-O, Dutchess Diner, Coyote Grill, Eyerready, etc...

Very good eats indeed.

And I agree - Rolling Rock was sooooo much better than Double-O. Cheaper, more relaxed, and much better service.

Then there is always Bonefish Grill (owned by Outback). Really good there also - it's about 3/4 mile past the Olive Garden on the left.

The Hyde Park Brewery has mean burgers, steak and great sweet potato fries, however im not so found of the daily planet. I did hear Bonfish is great, never been myself however.

Don't forget about the Daily Planet on 55 in Arlington. It's also owned by the folkes that own Double-O, Dutchess Diner, Coyote Grill, Eyerready, etc...

The folks that own the Daily Planet is a different group that own the others. It's the Vanikiotis family that owns and operates the Daily Planet along with The Palace Resturant on Washington St in Poughkeepsie (near Marist) and The Brass Anchor also in Poughkeepsie (on River Point Rd).

Just a word of warning folks...Double O in Rhinebeck had a fire alarm about a month ago, when we arrived we found that they had set off a bug bomb in the kitchen. Would you like some RAID with your salad? wacko.gifwacko.gif

Wow. Rolling Rock is no more? I loved going there when I worked at Sloper. Half the district rigs would be parked there for dinner. smile.gif