Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL2L31

NYSP & HELP Truck Frequencies On I684

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know which nysp troop is on i-684 and what requency they operate on? Also what frequency do the help trucks work on? I would like to monitor traffic conditions to work. thanks for any help.

Does anyone know which nysp troop is on i-684 and what requency they operate on? Also what frequency do the help trucks  work on? I would like to monitor traffic conditions to work. thanks for any help.

Not sure of the freq. of the H.E.L.P. trucks, but SP is troop K, 155.505 base to car, 154.92 car to base, and car to car is either 154.665 or 155.565. Hope that helps.

If the above freq's don't work try the Troop T freq's 453.425MHz (I87 &I287), 453.525MHz (I95). Don't normally listen to them, but have I picked them up on SignalStalker as I drive nearby the transmitters.

Edited by SteveOFD

Not sure of the freq. of the H.E.L.P. trucks, but SP is troop K, 155.505 base to car, 154.92 car to base, and car to car is either 154.665 or 155.565. Hope that helps.

Those frequencies are correct-

The HELP Trucks are dispatched via MDT's and Nextel Units located in their trucks. There are no radio transmissions, therefore nothing to monitor.

Those frequencies are correct-

The HELP Trucks are dispatched via MDT's and Nextel Units located in their trucks. There are no radio transmissions, therefore nothing to monitor.

Troop K car-to-car is 154.665

and they operate on a true duplex system with car to station on the 154.920 and station to car on 155.505 making it difficult to monitor both sides of the conversation.

Troop T uses 453.425 in our area. The 453.525 is north of us on the T-Way.

Operation Security alive and well!!!

Edited by HDQTRSWP

Considering the frequencies have been open source material, available readily through countless sources, I hardly think anyone is violating any type of operational security.

And, obviously the State Police isn't too concerned about it either because they've made no effort to change their radio frequencies or system in the years since 9/11.

Operational Security is a valid concern and I agree that it should be maintained but this has always been open source material.

Anyone can buy a scanner master book.

operations Security is a tool that our adversaries believe in ... and one that we in the United States need to understand and integrate into our daily routine. Our work is information, and not all of it is classified. What we don't always realize is how much we are giving away by our predictable behavior, casual conversations, routine acquisitions and other Internet information. We must be careful of what we are revealing - failure to do so could provide our adversaries with the information they need to harm us.

Is it necessary to list all this information here... Any one can come here ask a question and find out what frequencies police use.. What FD’s have police radios on trucks, locations of pre positioned assets, response plans, and other valuable information. This sensitive information should be held close to the chest, or on a need to know basis... Information is King,,, could we just talk in more of a general fashion and not be so willing to give up potential harmful secure information…

velcromedic maybe even you could agree that this is a little more then open source material

Troop K car-to-car is 154.665

and they operate on a true duplex system with car to station on the 154.920 and station to car on 155.505 making it difficult to monitor both sides of the conversation.

Troop T uses 453.425 in our area. The 453.525 is north of us on the T-Way.

Sorry, but all the information I see posted here is absolutely publicly available knowledge and has been for years, if not decades. This and much more is published in the Scanner Master guides, and all the frequencies are readily available and easily accessible via the FCC website database.

HDQTRSWP, I understand where you're coming from, and you do make some legitimate points. Maybe not specific to the information that was posted here, but in general. However, the widespread availability of "sensitive" information goes well beyond a few harmless posts at EMTBravo. There is a much larger amount of publicly available information that is much more sensitive than whether or not my engine has a police radio in it.

Perhaps you'd be better off directing your efforts at lobbying state and federal officials to better conceal sensitive data. Maybe start with the ridiculous fact that NYS blurs out some "target" areas on their satellite imagery (see Google Earth for plenty of examples). Why not just overlay a big target instead? Great way to draw attention and interest to these areas that might otherwise not be noticed by someone intending to do harm. Not to mention, some of the blurring is just plain absurd. They used a higher degree of blurring for the Rockland County FTC than for Indian Point! I defy ANYONE to tell me just how that makes ANY sense whatsoever.

HDQTRSWP,

You do have a point! cool.gif

I have been out and about in public and you never know who is who.

I have heard EMT's discuss a call with patient information.

Police Officer's brag how they "tuned up" someone.

Firefighter's tell bystanders it's Arson and C&O is still on the scene.

Sometimes we have to keep our mouth shut for our own good!

I don't feel giving away Police, Fire, or EMS Frequencies is an issue at all since

you can find them on numerous websites including the FCC. It's all public

Information. After the events of 9/11 should that be changed? Maybe

I post the Frequencies in the Frequency Section for the benefit of our members. Unless someone has the Transmit Frequency and PL/DPL Tones not much can be done. I have seen a few BUFF sites that post TX, RX, and PL/DPL now that is without a doubt NOT GOOD!

Yeah, maybe they will hear a buddy's plate being ran, drug bust, or on

NYSP Car to Car "Left Lane 85 MPH Red Chevy" .... WHOOPS!

Sometimes sensitive material does come over Police, Fire, and EMS Frequencies

but that has been going on for many many years. Police go digital then

6 months later digital scanners come out.

With that being said....

This has been discussed before but as a reminder to EVERYONE.......

New York State Vehicle & Traffic Law

Section 397

EQUIPPING MOTOR VEHICLES WITH RADIO RECEIVING SETS CAPABLE OF RECEIVING SIGNALS ON THE FREQUENCIES ALLOCATED FOR POLICE USE.

A person, not a police officer or peace officer, acting pursuant to his special duties, who equips a motor vehicle with a radio receiving set capable of receiving signals on the frequencies allocated for police use or knowingly uses a motor vehicle so equipped or who in any way knowingly interferes with the transmission of radio messages by the police without having first secured a permit to do so from the person authorized to issue such a permit by the local governing body or board of the city, town or village in which such person resides, or where such person resides outside of a city, or village in a county having a county police department by the board of supervisors of such county, is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars, or imprisonment not exceeding six months, or both. Nothing in this section contained shall be construed to apply to any person who holds a valid amateur radio operator's license issued by the federal communications commission and who operates a duly licensed portable mobile transmitter and in connection therewith a receiver or receiving set on frequencies exclusively allocated by the federal communications commission to duly licensed radio amateurs.