Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Westchester Collectibles

12 posts in this topic

Are they strictly a fire die cast store or do they have model railroad stuff too.

been a LONG time since I've been there.............

Thanks.

They have model railroad stuff. They moved to a new spot and the size of the store has shrunk to a fraction of what it used to be.

Thanks - Glad I didnt go on a road trip with an excited 4 y/o!!!

Are they strictly a fire die cast store or do they have model railroad stuff too.

been a LONG time since I've been there.............

Thanks.

Here is their website.

http://www.westchestercollectibles.com

Edited by pcfdrfd700

They moved to a new spot and the size of the store has shrunk to a fraction of what it used to be.

Westchester Collectibles does a majority of it's business online. And that's how most people obtain their collectibles now.....the "brick and mortar" diecast and railroad shop is becoming a thing of the past. So there's no need for a large showroom with large overhead, when there's not a huge demand for it.

BTW, If you notice lately, Westchester Collectibles has been focusing on releasing and selling die cast from the area.

Die Cast potential releases YFD and YPD.

So are there any model train stores you guys know about in the dutchess/westchester area where a 4 y/o can say. "I want that!" a million times???

So are there any model train stores you guys know about in the dutchess/westchester area where a 4 y/o can say. "I want that!" a million times???

Cant think of any off hand right now but your best bet is probably going to one of the local train/toy shows. There is one coming up in Poughkeepsie at the Mid Hudson Center. I can get you the date if you're interested.They have it every year. And of course there are always the shows at the Wesrchester County Center. They usually have one right around Christmas.

Cant think of any off hand right now but your best bet is probably going to one of the local train/toy shows. There is one coming up in Poughkeepsie at the Mid Hudson Center.  I can get you the date if you're interested.They have it every year. And of course there are always the shows at the Wesrchester County Center. They usually have one right around Christmas.

Thanks - I work for the City - so the one in Poughkeepsie I know about - it is November 12. I have never been, but can't wait - it is the day before my little guy's 4th birthday!

Try Bob Parker's place in Red Oaks Mill... Dutchess trains and Hobbies I think it's called... in that plaza after Hobnobbin headed toward the Galleria on Vassar Rd. Lots of cool stuff + he has some connections with Rescue 2... actually made a commemorative train set or something to that affect....

Then hit up the Hobby House on Route 9 directly across the street from the South Hills Mall entrance.. if you go Eastboound on Vassar rd. you'll come to the intersection of Vassar+9... take a right into the Burgur King Parking lot and just drive up the small hill into the adjacent parking lot and look to your right...voila! Literally 2 mins. from the other hobby store and I'm sure you'll find something between the two places.

If he's into firetrucks bring him up to Marylin + Gil's Fire Station on Hamburg rd. in Catskill (right acrossed the Rip Van Winkle Bridge) ... I generally spend $500 each time I visit and she has an amazing amount of stock... then after you stop there you can jump across the river to the Firefighting museum in Hudson... it'll be a nice day out!

Rich

OK so it's not Dutchess/Westchester, but if you care to wonder into the Netmeg State there are two that I know of.

The first one is in Danbury which deals primarily in trains. I84 to exit 5, thru the light on to North St. At the 4th or 5th light, bear left at the North Street Shopping Center. This store (never good with names) is on the right just past McDonalds. This is the kind of place saying "I want that" a million times is acceptable by the big kids as well.

The second store is in New Milford on Route 7. I84 to to exit 7, Route 7 north in to New Milford. Past the High School on the left is a WalMart shopping center, the store (sorry, no name) is in this plaza. Sort of an all around hobbists store, but they do have an isle dedicated to trains. I'm told it's a little pricey.

Speaking of Westchester Collectibles, anyone notice that they are now selling DelPrado collectibles? Are they good or are they a waste of money? Thanks.

-Joe DA BUFF