Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Bob Barker Retiring From 'Price Is Right'

14 posts in this topic

Yesterday, CBS announced that Bob Barker, host of 'The Price Is Right', will retire in June of 2007 after 50 years on TV, 35 of which as host of the show. He will be 83 years old when he retires.

This is definetly an old school show that I'm so suprised is still on the air today. He, and his show, is a TV icon. I remember watching him as a kid, and when I was home sick from school. All the classic games and prizes and the vibe of the show really take you back to TV's yesteryears.

According to CBS, they are looking for Bob's replacment.....the new host will have to know the details of over 80 different games.

I wonder if they plan a renovation/update of the set? And I wonder if anyone will watch without Bob?

I wonder if there gonna retire his microphone with him???

I think finding the right person to replace Bob will be very difficult. This marks the end of another era in television.

Best wishes, Bob!!!!!

I remember watchin him when I was little with my grandparents when I still lived in Yonkers.

What will a certain career Chief from Ct. do all day now? Anyone in lower Fairfield County will know!

hey

He was only 83 years old there are some chiefs that want to stay around that long. ok maybe they want to stay longer.

Bob was good at his job but there is a time to go and smell the Roses!!!

what I am going to watch when I am sick and home from school.........................come on down while not being having the ability to stand up because I was so dizzy will stay with me forever, or at least until I see the new guy.

No matter how old it gets, the show is one of those things that you can't help but to think of whenever you think of daytime TV. Although I think the best Bob Barker moment was in "Happy Gilmore," when Adam Sandler punched him and told him that "the price is wrong." I can't help but to crack up hysterically whenever I hear that line...

...and remember to get spayed or neutered.........oh, I mean, get your dogs and cats spayed or neutered.

I Heard Bob is being replaced by Happy Gilmore since they "patched things up"

laugh.gif

A redesign of the set would be cool to make it more modern might get some new viewers!

Bob Barker is a legend he will be sorely missed. I dont think there will be anyone as good as him to be the new host of the Price is Right.

I wonder if they plan a renovation/update of the set? And I wonder if anyone will watch without Bob?

There's still a version of "Family Feud" around, but it's never been the same since Richard Dawson left.