Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest seanc

New gloves?

14 posts in this topic

Anyone hear of the new gloves that are supposed to come out soon that look and fit like extraction gloves but are meant for interior firefighting? i heard about them from my instructor at fire 1 but i cant seem to find anything about them.

let know of anything or know were i can find out about them

thanks

ESKA GLOVES- being field tested with FDNY, should be NFPA approved sometime in december,looks and from a good source are great because you can actually use your hands. GO TO FIRE HOOKS UNLIMITED AND CLICK ON NEW PRODUCTS.

Edited by hudson144

CTFF.. Those are not the gloves..

I have seen one of the pairs in use. I don't have the name, would have to get it and I could take some photos.

All I can say is compared to the Blue FDNY gloves we are using, these new style gloves are great...

The ones I saw are already NFPA approved.

are those NFPA approved

Flame Fighter carries the CE and EN 659 KAT 111 certifications and meets or exceeds OSHA regulations 29 CFR part 1910-156 and NFPA 1971.

I believe so

ok, which glove is it. is it the glove in post number 2 or is it the glove in the link. the glove on the link does not really look like a fire fighting glove, it looks like an extrication glove. the firest glove looks a lot more like a firefighting glove. tbendick do you knwo which glove it is, you said you have seen them.

The gloves

you mean these?

Those are the gloves. Based on what it says online, they seem to be firefighting gloves.

"Lightweight and extremely dexterous, the Flame Fighter is the top choice of firefighters who perform extrication as well as structural firefighting."

I'm curious as to what people think about them.

I am back to work Tuesday night. I will get the name and post it when I can. The one that seems the closest is the Firehooks version.

thanks bibbles they do look nice i might have to invest in a pair. anything would be better then the big bulky gloves i have now. also does any one on this site have these or know some one that does. if so what do you think of them.

i wrote the store and this was what they wrote me back.

Hello, the Chiba firefighting gloves are for structural firefighting and rescue extrication. They are also OSHA and NFPA approved. Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks!"

so those gloves are for firefighting, they look really comfortibal and like they allow a great deal of dexterity.