Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD201

NRFD wants to increase force size by 8 FFs

13 posts in this topic

anybody have information regarding the status of the last New Rochelle test?? By this i mean where they are on the list because I heard they exhausted the residents list and were going to non-residents who took the test

Once again New Rochelle is thinking of their future and the safety of their firefighters. I applaud Doc for taking this fine Dept. another step forward, also thank them for their constant MA in the city of Mt. Vernon.

I hope at some point they realize that this manpower increase is gonna benefit Mt. Vernon, as our dept. has decided this fed money does not work for us.

They would have to increase the city charter number and they just can't do it, as that would be a responsible move. And why should you, we have New Rochelle at our disposal.

Edited by hoss

todays paper says they got the grant and that 8 new guys will be hired and out there possibly by late spring or summer..

any word when every one gets the results of the agilities and their rankings for the agilities last month..

Edited by HFD23

anybody have information regarding the status of the last New Rochelle test?? By this i mean where they are on the list because I heard they exhausted the residents list and were going to non-residents who took the test

not true we are still on the city list just started a probie class this is the end of week one it expires i believe jan 28th 2007

todays paper says they got the grant and that 8 new guys will be hired and out there possibly by late spring or summer..

any word when every one gets the results of the agilities and their rankings for the agilities last month..

the results are out / in notifications should be in the mail anytime

thanks,...

so NRFD is running a class now? is it at the WCFTC? How many did they hire?

and this is off the new list or the old list? thanks for any info.

I think they took 9. It's off the old list and they are running thier own academy.

thanks,...

so NRFD is running a class now? is it at the WCFTC? How many did they hire?

and this is off the new list or the old list? thanks for any info.

8 new probies, doing it in new rochelle, and old list

It's great to see New Rochelle adding to their roster. I hope this additional 8 guys will provide the staffing needed to roll R-4 independent of TL-11 24/7.

Especially considering a few years ago, layoffs were being touted as well as the closure of Engine 24.

What a turnaround in the city's economy, and I'm proud that New Rochelle is another fine Westchester department. They are well staffed with experienced and knowledgeable firefighters, they're progressive, and fight fires well and with great discipline. Coupled with some changes/upgrades you will see in NRFD in the next few years, I would hope others will use them as a model and follow suit. One of the most respectable things about them as well is that they are so modest.

Like other departments in Westchester, such as Yonkers, Eastchester, Scarsdale, Hartsdale/Fairview/Greenville, White Plains, etc, they are slowly yet steadily taking steps to bring the WC fire service to where it needs to be.

My only hope would be that NRFD takes over EMS from Transcare, with buses, and at least civilian medics/EMTs if not FF's, and the whole deal.

My only hope would be that NRFD takes over EMS from Transcare, with buses, and at least civilian medics/EMTs if not FF's, and the whole deal.

Civilian medics and EMTs? Civilian? Oh jeez. No thanks. How 'bout FF/medics? Professional, union FF medics. Only way to go in my book. Everyone is a FF, everyone an EMSer.

smile.gif

Just curious what would there number be after the 8????

162 is that right????

Edited by jloftus

Best of luck to the new FFs!

Great to hear NRFD expanding to properly protect the community.

Now if the city could just do something with the North Ave corridor.