Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ford Police Interceptor- When's It Getting Updated

10 posts in this topic

I'm just curious, I had heard rumors that the Ford Crown Vic/Police Interceptor was going to be overhauled for the 2007 model year.

In fact, a couple of years ago, I saw photos floating around the net of a conceptual design sporting NYPD graphics.

Has anyone heard when the Crown Vic will be updated/refreshed? The current style is getting kind of old and boring (in the car world) especially with the new-to-the-scene Dodge Charger.

Although I love the look of the current Crown Vic/PI, I'd love to see a redesign.

When Ford announced their restructuring plans in the beginning of this year, they said that while they would be cutting production at the plant that manufactures the CVPI, it would continue and that are committed to their government customers. They also said that there would be some upgrades in the coming years.

You know, The 2007 dosnt look to different than the 06 to me. I mean its the same idea just the angles might be just a little different. It looks like the hood has more of a curve at thees angles.....

Click

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

You know, The 2007 dosnt look to different than the 06 to me.

That's because there was no redesign.

Edited by 23piraf

That's because there was no redesign.

Oh ok, So Just interior updates/modifications im guessing. Got it now wink.gif

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Well, thanks to a member of this forum in the know (who cant post but I can!)

Ford is anticipating losing market share to Dodge. Chevrolet has lost a lot of business due to recent quality issues.

Word is Crown Vic will be scrapped for the '09 model year, and based on the Chargers sucess, Ford may roll out a classic rear wheel drive muscle car with a police package.

We'll see. For a company promoting itself as "bold", the Crown Vic although reliable and trusty is sure getting dated.

I wonder how long lived the Charger impact will be. I know someone very well who is involved with the YPD and the word there is that the Charger is nice, but a poor sector car. It's just too small inside when you have two officers, a laptop, radios, electronics and a shotgun.

They love the Impala for the bosses but the Crown Vic is by far the best option for the sector cars.

I suppose we'll see.

I think when the new Impala comes out in '09, with rear wheel drive, it'll give the Charger a run for it's money. The new Impala is going to be a foot longer than the current version, with the '08 Malibu taking the size of the current Impala.

Should be an interesting couple of years for the police market!

I think when the new Impala comes out in '09, with rear wheel drive, it'll give the Charger a run for it's money. The new Impala is going to be a foot longer than the current version, with the '08 Malibu taking the size of the current Impala.

Why did Chevy change the design of the Impala's? It seems that they were made smaller and less efficient for law enforcement use. Is that why they are going to lengthen it?

Long been rumored. It'll have a V8 too. Long been rumored. They said this back in '00 or '01.