Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arrowxt

Anyone driven a TAK-4?

7 posts in this topic

Sounds like it works , just wondering if it makes a difference?

Our tower ladder has it, and so will the new rescue. Independent front suspension is good stuff.

We have the Tak - 4 on our new engine. It rides and handles alot better then the standard front suspension. The only thing thing with this is when recovering from a turn it you really haveto stear it back rather then having it come back by itself. Took a little getting used to that.

We just purchased an engine with the TAC-4 suspension last year. Other than it being out of service just about every other month, once for the steering system itself, its a good truck. The steering system is awesome. We have some tight areas in the truck's first due district, and it handles them with ease. You really can get it into and out of tight spots.

It does require work though; you are moving the wheel around. It also seems to burn through tires pretty quick. We are already putting new shoes on it.

Just got back from visiting a buddy of mine on the job in City of Beacon (Dutchess Co. NY), and their new Rescue has the Tak-4. My friend's opinion on this, and he told me to quote, "It drives/rides like a freakin' Cadillac!" I had the pleasure of taking a short run around the block in it, and it does ride very, very nice.