Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

SOLD! Engine 119 GONE!

5 posts in this topic

After a failed sales attempt by a Fire Apparatus sales company, a botched go on Ebay and numerous unofficial offers, the old Engine 119, the '83 Mack, is finally SOLD!

Congradulations to the Maywood, NJ Fire Department on the purchase of our longtime friend!

Attention NJ board members - we want pics of it IN-SERVICE!!!

Weren't we just talking about how no one wants to buy it last night?

Wonder what there plans are for it?

I believe they are going to use it as a first due or 2nd out due to their piece out of service for extended period

Maywood has a very tired Duplex Glider kit engine that is out of service, leaving them with one engine and their tower. They had borrowed the ex-Chapel Oaks MD E-1 that the County Fire Academy bought, but now they have a Real Rig! when they get it lettered up I'll get some shots of it. I work next town over with several of their members.

One of my family members is the borough mechanic for Maywood and its currently sitting in his shop. Ill try to snap some pics while its there and after it gets lettered.. If I dont get beaten to the punch. And E290L103 is correct. They have a dying glider kit based from thier old Howe pumper. They will be using it as a 1st out Engine(they run Engine/Rescue). They are also in the process of spec'ing a new rig. When that goes into service they will try and keep the Mack as a borough spare.

Edited by LED138