Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How's This for a Hess Truck?

13 posts in this topic

user posted image

For the holiday season, the Commack Fire Department’s Engine Company No. 3 on Long Island, N.Y., created every kid’s and firefighter’s dream: a real Hess Truck!

Working like Santa’s elves, 30 firefighters worked for three nights to transform their red engine into a replica of the 1989 white Hess Ladder Truck. They completely covered the engine in white tack vinyl and applied green Hess logos and striping, which were supplied by a local sign printer.

The ladder was made out of 2 x 4 lumber painted red and mounted on plywood to the hosebed. The ladder pistons were made from PVC piping, and the wheels were striped with red electrical tape. The Hess Corp. supplied four Hess flags to mount on the truck. With lights flashing and sirens wailing, the truck made its rounds of the Commack neighborhoods with other department apparatus to spread holiday cheer. Peter Paccione, third assistant chief and outgoing captain, said his firefighters were really excited about working on the truck and seeing the reaction from community members who couldn't believe what they were seeing.

user posted image

user posted image

Very Very cool. I have the last 11 years of HESS TRUCKS.

Edited by drobison82

Very Very Very Awesome, Got To Love Fire Trucks. I Am 22 And I Have All But 2 Years. Are Thier Any Other Photo's Or A Website With Them???

Thomas

Thats pretty cool............I have the Hess tandem axel ladder rig from the 1990's I think

Lets see it make the rounds up here

That is AWESOME!

AWESOME!!!

Great PR for both Commack FD and Hess.

Kudos to the HESS crew..... very cool idea...and even better work!

Wow that is awesome congrats on the work guys that looks awesome

Now, that is some holiday spirit! Very cool!

Great idea, guys! When do they do their Westchester/Putnam tour??? cool.gif