Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

L.I. Fire, Rescue, EMS MegaShow 2007

11 posts in this topic

The thought came to me that this show should be coming up soon. Info is as follows from a link at Nassau Coliseum:

Fire, Rescue, EMS MegaShow

Nassau Veterans Coliseum

Friday, January 27, 2007 10A-6P

Saturday, January 28, 2007 10A-5P

Thanks for the reminder. I have been attending for the past 4 years. I like the show, but they need to add more stuff for it to really be a MEGA Show!

Coliseum website has a typo. Those dates are actually Saturday and Sunday.

Regardless.....does anyone know how "big" the show will be this year? Will it fill the Coliseum itself (like two years ago) or will it just be the Expo Hall and surrounding hallways like last year?

I'm actually tired of these kinds of shows. There always the same thing- when I go, I mostly go for the training, and while I'm there check out the new equipment (and of course, the apparatus).

The only reason I'd consider attending would be to see a Pierce Velocity in person, but I'm not sure that will even be there.

Edited by x635

The only reason they were able to use the actual Coliseum floor 2 yrs ago was because the NHL was in a lockout...there was no ice down to worry about. So chances are slim to none that it will be used.

The only reason they were able to use the actual Coliseum floor 2 yrs ago was because the NHL was in a lockout...there was no ice down to worry about. So chances are slim to none that it will be used.

Then why is it on the website stating its being held there? And ice doesn't matter, they have a flooring to put over it just like they do for concerts.

The majority of the show is held in a separate hall elsewhere in the building.

I don't buy the hockey ice reason, either. Other arenas have other events during NHL season. Of course, most of those events don't involve heavy trucks and equipment sitting on the floor for two days straight, either. Hmmmm.......

What did everyone think? I think this year was very poor, not a lot of vendors.

635- the velocity is at the show, it is a nice engine.

the new rescue 1 and the rescue me ladder are also there on display.

as far as the vendors I wasnt too impressed with the amount of stuff they brought. I was looking to buy a new gemtor harness and only 1 vendor had the model that i was looking for, and to be honest it wasnt really worth driving to the show to get it. but hey that is how those things go, they are hit or miss.

The harrisburg show is much much larger, but it is a longer drive.

oh sorry one more thing as far as the ice thing, they couldnt use the main floor because the islanders had a home game this evening (saturday) at 7pm.

The Show was never THAT Great, but was a decent day trip, in the past two years it has def. dwindled. Also its very EMS oriented from the past few years. Talking to people today that went, the Deptford, NJ Rescue was pretty impressive. Might go tomorrow.......... Oh and by the way, Def. agree w/Car2267.....Harrisburg is one of the best shows going, along with FDIC and Baltimore