Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Topics That I've Brought Up Recently

6 posts in this topic

Before anyone jumps down my throat personally, I am just trying to bring up topics that have sparked some conversation and hopefully will do the same here. I am open, honest, and try not to beat around the bush- and from what I hear- some people don't like that. Some even suggest that I censor myself.

Discussions people, discussions. Learn, listen, and just because someone doesn't agree with "your way" or sees something differently, don't just leave the sandbox and take your bucket, or insult them. Educate them, or make a convincing, constructive argument.

EVERYONE has an opinion....but it's those who can express those opinions respectfully and then listen to others opinions respecfully and with an open mind that are truly the ones who progress our line of work.

So, don't get mad at me for talking or trying to motivate discussion on this board...sometimes, I bring up topics that I am curious about, are "hot topics" among my peers, or even issues that bother me, all in hopes of learning and sharing ideas with people from all over and all experience levels on this forum. I can't be persecuted for that.

That's what this forum...this community...is for. And if you don't actively contribute to this forum...then you have no right to complain.

In regards to my blogging, blogs are becoming a HUGE force in the online world.

They are platforms for many peoples views, a great way to distribute information about you and your causes, a catalyst for change, and most importantly...fun.

Citizens and firefighters who sit quietly and complacently are no good, in my opinion. Sometimes you need to be active to incite change. I'm hope I don't get jammed up by this, but I also do not want to be censored and have my life go by and have no effect on this business or this world.

Edited by x635

Before anyone jumps down my throat personally, I am just trying to bring up topics that have sparked some conversation and hopefully will do the same here. I am open, honest, and try not to beat around the bush- and from what I hear- some people don't like that.  Some even suggest that I censor myself. 

Discussions people, discussions. Learn, listen, and just because someone doesn't agree with "your way" or sees something differently, don't just leave the sandbox and take your bucket, or insult them. Educate them, or make a convincing, constructive argument.

EVERYONE has an opinion....but it's those who can express those opinions respectfully and then listen to others opinions respecfully and with an open mind that are truly the ones who progress our line of work.

So, don't get mad at me for talking or trying to motivate discussion on this board...sometimes, I bring up topics that I am curious about, are "hot topics" among my peers, or even issues that bother me, all in hopes of learning and sharing ideas with people from all over and all experience levels on this forum. I can't be persecuted for that.

That's what this forum...this community...is for.  And if you don't actively contribute to this forum...then you have no right to complain.

They are platforms for many peoples views, a great way to distribute information about you and your causes, a catalyst for change, and most importantly...fun.

opiCitizens and firefighters who sit quietly and complacently are no good, in my nion.  Sometimes you need to be active to incite change.  I'm hope I don't get jammed up by this, but I also do not want to be censored and have my life go by and have no effect on this business or this world.

Hot topics are interesting and I agree with your post for the most part however, I think "no good" is a bit strong for people who are not into blogging or posting etc. Don't get me wrong, progressive thinking in any aspect of life is a good thing.

lol....bring it on....I'm loving it. More info...more discussion...more ideas....getting more facts out there. Keep it up.

Asking the hard questions is what being an effective team member is all about. More discourse, more ideas, more opinions, more potential solutions is always a good thing. Keep them coming!!

We can't make progress unless we confront issues in a fair, honest manner as we face them. Simply pretending they don't exist and sweeping them in the rug is not fair to anybody. Great job Seth, and great thuoghts and ideas, keep them coming.

Keep it up Seth! Dialogue and discussion is the only thing that brings improvement to our business and this is a very good forum for that exchange. You have a bigger membership at EMTBravo than any call audit or CME I've ever attended - if the numbers are still the same the EMTBravo membership is 2 1/2 times bigger than the attendance at Vital Signs every year! New members of our services are asking questions, seeking guidance and discussing ideas and tactics with veterans - this is 21st Century mentoring at its finest! Veteran firefighters are discussing tactics and strategies here, across departmental and jurisdictional borders, too - that's impressive!

Sure, at times we disagree and at times we don't express our differences as effectively as we can but I think the exchange takes the high road the majority of the time.

Censorship has no place in this or any forum and complacency does in fact kill! If law enforcement didn't fight for change we'd still be carrying revolvers and blowing whistles to get help! EMS is almost always changed from within and from the street, not usually the administration.

If people find it so objectionable, they can stop logging in and withdraw their membership. Nobody is forcing them to view this forum! Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion but nobody should force you or anyone to else to accept theirs!

Don't let the nay-sayers get to you and don't take it personally!

Happy holidays to everyone at EMTBravo! Keep up the good work and if you're working - have a safe and uneventful holiday!

Before anyone jumps down my throat personally, I am just trying to bring up topics that have sparked some conversation and hopefully will do the same here. I am open, honest, and try not to beat around the bush- and from what I hear- some people don't like that.  Some even suggest that I censor myself. 

That's what this forum...this community...is for.  And if you don't actively contribute to this forum...then you have no right to complain.

Citizens and firefighters who sit quietly and complacently are no good, in my opinion.  Sometimes you need to be active to incite change.  I'm hope I don't get jammed up by this, but I also do not want to be censored and have my life go by and have no effect on this business or this world.