Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bunkers

New Rochelle EMS 30-A-3?

15 posts in this topic

I was told a few months ago, by a very credible source, that New Rochelle was getting a 3rd ALS Bus for day time hours. A-1 at station 1 and A-2 at station 3. Where does A-3 reside?

30A3 is ALS running 0700-1900 and does runs all over the city. Doesnt really have a 1st due area

wasn't 30A3 their spare truck?

was a spare but now dedicated to the city 7 days a week 7-7

Here is the bus they are using for 30-A-3:

[attachmentid=1863]

(Photo By x635, http://www.x635Photos.com )

Looks like it formerly was a Transcare unit. Wonder if they will purchase another Medix Type III for 30-A-3 eventually?

Also, anyone know if they will be getting a "home". Sucks they have to sit in the bus all day....hopefully, they could at least put a trailer or something at Ward Acres or one of the other properties the city owns up that way.

post-11-1168625420.jpg

Edited by x635

I think that it is kind of weird that Alpha 3 doesn't really have a designated area. For some one who works in New Rochelle, IceEmt, dont you think that it would make sense to have it stationed at station 5 or somewhere else in the north end?

Looks like it formerly was a Transcare unit.

What tipped you off?

Unless things have changed since I was at 60-Control...it still is a Transcare unit. As of October of 2005 when I left 60, Transcare was the ambulance provider for New Rochelle, with FDNR providing ems first response.

Has something changed since then? (i.e...has the city taken over EMS?)

Edited by emt301

Unless things have changed since I was at 60-Control...it still is a Transcare unit.  As of October of 2005 when I left 60, Transcare was the ambulance provider for New Rochelle, with FDNR providing ems first response.

Has something changed since then? (i.e...has the city taken over EMS?)

No, all the 30A buses are labeled that way, just as all the Transcare/White Plains buses are blue and yellow.

I think that it is kind of weird that Alpha 3 doesn't really have a designated area. For some one who works in New Rochelle, IceEmt, dont you think that it would make sense to have it stationed at station 5 or somewhere else in the north end?

Its probably more advantageous for New Rochelle to have 3A3 stationed at a pre-determined area (not necessarily a station) when both 3A1&A2 are in service. When one of those trucks are out, 3A3 will come in and backfill their response area until they return to service. This way you reduce dependency on outside mutial-aid. It's done in Putnam (which is alot harder to get around in than New Rochelle) and really takes alot of heat off Medics 4 and 3 if it's a busy day. Having strict borders for your front-line 24/7 buses is fine, but when adding resources during peak hours (7a - 7p in this instance) it is best to maintain flexibility. I think keeping 3A3 as a backfill unit will achieve that.

Edited by 66Alpha1

30 Alpha 3 Is posted @ Quaker Ridge x North Ave from 0700-1900, 7 days a week. It's and ALS rig. It's primary response area at present is in Engine 25's district. This bus is 2nd due to 30A2's district and third due to 30A1's district.

It does not have a "home" when in service. On the overnights, it's stored across from NRFD station 1.

As for the pic that 635 has shown. The bus is unit 270/30A3. It's the old 30A2 (before we got the mods).

Edited by REDOKTBR

Has call distribution changed a lot in the past 10 years? When I worked in New Rochelle we rarely if ever went to the north end of town from Station 3. The only time we covered the north end was during snow storms. smile.gif

Would it make more sense to post it out of Station 1 and have it be second due for the south end? I guess it depends on how things have changed in the past decade.