Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajsbear

New Super Pumer

12 posts in this topic

The thing I don't understand, although it's a neat system, is how can it be used to pump potable water AND used to pump floodwaters with the same system? EWWW!

The thing I don't understand, although it's a neat system, is how can it be used to pump potable water AND used to pump floodwaters with the same system? EWWW!

You gotta admit, it can more a hell of a lot of water. Don't forget it can move this 5,000 gallons over 1 mile. Add that it can then after the mile of 12 inch be split to multiple 5 inch lines so it can move a lot of water long distance then yes it can drain spall areas of flood waters. It could be used to drain a lake.

Maybe they should call it the "Swamp Pump" instead of Neptune then. huh.gif

go to Kiddie-fire.com-open National Foam link, it has info on this system

its already in service in North Jersey. Union and Morris County dept's have the components of the system.

It comes with a support trailer supplied with 1000 gallons of Clorox and a proportioner. Well, we would hope so...

These units have been in Jersey for about 4 years now. They started in Union/Sussex county I believe. These are from the UASI grants.

I don't know about the flood water thing....... that would be one hell of a sump pump. I do know that they were created to supplement big City Fire Departments should a large incident take out their water supply.

I just wouldn't want to be the guy who has to drop the suction line in!!!

This is obviuosly for an end of the world type emergency, what kind of maintennace is involved in keeping this system operational? What are the chances that in 20 years this system is finally called into service and falls apart?

This is obviuosly for an end of the world type emergency, what kind of maintennace is involved in keeping this system operational? What are the chances that in 20 years this system is finally called into service and falls apart?

What is the need for such a rig. Have they ever been called into action? What does a rig like this cost?