Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

PPE Brands

12 posts in this topic

Just curious to see what brand PPE/Gear every department gos with and if there is a specific reason why.

Janesville Turnouts, Bullard lids

We currently have mostly globe but just got our first 10 sets of Morning pride and I can tell you the morning pride is alot lighter to wear as compared to the globe and you can actually have mobility in the arms when the morning pride was new as compared to the globe being very stiff. We are very happy with morning pride and are going to continue to purchase it to the best of my knowledge.

We're Globe users. The newer G-Xtreme stuff isn't bad, much more comfortable then the traditional gear. I am wearing Globe's GX-7 stuff, it's lighter then my older gear but it is still a little bulky.

morning pride. I use to think it was all hype, but it really is the best. The Globe Extream is a significant improvement, but it still hasn't caught up.

We are using two brands Morning Pride for the career ff'f's and Globe traditional for the vol ff's. The Morning Pride was phased in over a few years replacing Janesville. The Globe gear was purchased in two large lots because we had several vol ff's needing gear at one time. To get the Morning Pride in that quantity I am told would have been too costly.

I don't speak for everyone but most seem good with the gear they have. Lids are Cairns 1010's with a few wearing Bullard traditionals.

We are using two brands Morning Pride for the career ff'f's and Globe traditional for the vol ff's. The Morning Pride was phased in over a few years replacing Janesville. The Globe gear was purchased in two large lots because we had several vol ff's needing gear at one time. To get the Morning Pride in that quantity I am told would have been too costly.

I don't speak for everyone but most seem good with the gear they have. Lids are Cairns 1010's with a few wearing Bullard traditionals.

Wait second, the volleys and career get different equipment because it would be too expensive to equip the volleys??? A few questions first...Are the volleys interior ff's or just scene support? Are the dept apperatus fulls staffed by career ff's or is it just one or two to get the rigs out?

I'd have to agree with partyrock. My department currently issues the Globe GX-7 and has issued Globe exclusively for years. However, we have just recently started to get guys sized up for Morning Pride.

I personally went out and bought myself a full set of Morning Pride gear about 3 years ago and it was one of the best investments i could have made! I don't have anything against Globe personally, however i'm much happier with Morning Pride.

I too thought Morning Pride was all hype at first just because FDNY uses it. However, i now know why they, along with Yonkers, Greenville and many others have made the switch. I feel that the Morning Pride gear is much lighter, breathable and much more comfortable to wear.

As partyrock stated, Globe has come along way with the new GX-7 gear, but i still feel (personally) Morning Pride is better. I still have a full set of Globe (pre GX-7) that i keep as my spare and have no problem using it when i have to.

As far as helmets go; My department used to issue the Cairns Metro helmets, which i would NEVER wear! They then switched to the Cairns 1010 (thank god) and are now issuing the newer Cairns 1044. Personally, i wear a Cairns N5A leather New Yorker, which i love.

Edited by BFD1054

Wait second, the volleys and career get different equipment because it would be too expensive to equip the volleys???  A few questions first...Are the volleys interior ff's or just scene support?  Are the dept apperatus fulls staffed by career ff's or is it just one or two to get the rigs out?

Correct Career and Volunteer currently get differant gear. I think Rich C's point was that if the Vols. switched to Morning Pride overnight it would be to expensive. The Career FF got the gear over a 4 year period. Other then that it would be up to the companies to spec Morning Pride if that is the gear that they want( that is how we the career got it.)

my dept has been using globe and i have used both globe and cairns. i purchased a set of morning pride a while back and could not be happier. i feel that it is lighter and much more room to move around in compared to other gear. it is definately cut larger then all of the different mnf out there.

Edited by mpgfire93

Morning Pride turnout gear.Carins 1044 with bourkes. I prefer the Ben II. gloves shelby gaunlet style.Ringer 911 for extrication. Leather boots pro warrington 5000sg. everyone has a personal CO detector. Hood. Fireground radio. Bail out rope. Harness built in the bunker pants. Some have the Gemtor II. I think thats about it.