Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fex404

Severe Weather Alrert!

18 posts in this topic

Severe Weather Alert

Snow Advisory

/O.NEW.KOKX.SN.Y.0002.070202T0600Z- 070202T2100Z/ WESTERN PASSAIC-BERGEN- EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-UNION-ROCKLAND- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER- 448 AM EST THU FEB 1 2007

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 4 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 4 PM EST FRIDAY.

LIGHT SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT...BECOMING MODERATE IN INTENSITY LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. 1 TO 2 INCHES OF SNOWFALL ARE POSSIBLE BY THE MORNING COMMUTE FRIDAY MORNING...WITH REDUCED VISIBILITIES AND SNOW COVERED ROADS MAKING FOR HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

SOME RAIN MAY MIX IN WITH THE PRECIPITATION FRIDAY AFTERNOON...BUT THE PREDOMINANT PRECIPITATION WILL BE SNOW. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BEFORE THE SNOW TAPERS OFF FRIDAY EVENING.

A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

evryone stay safe out there.

local radio station just said 0-24" for all of westchester. (NEVER WRONG with a prediction like that!)

Edited by hudson144

local radio station just said 0-24" for all of westchester.

0-24????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I heard 2 to 4 ,but i will belive it when i see it

Maybe this will be the big one finally. Enough of this inch of snow already.

Maybe this will be the big one finally. Enough of this inch of snow already.

Nah, even an inch is an inch too much!!!!!!! LOL

BRING IT ON!!!!!! lol. I can take a three day weekend.

BRING IT ON!!!!!! lol. I can take a three day weekend.

I'll take one any time.

a message came over the teletype today saying only 1-2 inches, that was about 13:00.

I heard 2 to 4 ,but i will belive it when i see it

Be nice to get out early on friday - one can but hope ..... tongue.gif

If it snows that means overtime for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! So bring it on.

snow+sleet+cold weather+Putnam County streets = bad news. And, naturally, im on for 24 tomorrow. sad.gif Maybe those on-spots will get a workout...

Watch I hope I eat my words but I bet we'll get another "SEVERE ASPHALT CONDITION" and the usual "BLANKETING OF DEAD GRASS"!

I wish the snow would just come, I'm not in Australia, Summer is in June up here!

Severe Weather Alert Updated

Special Weather Statement

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC-BERGEN- EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-ORANGE- PUTNAM-ROCKLAND- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS- NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 339 PM EST THU FEB 1 2007

...A WINTRY MIX ON TAP TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING...

DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE OVER THE CAROLINAS WILL TRACK NORTHEAST AND WILL FIND ITSELF WELL SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND BY FRIDAY MORNING...THEN WILL CONTINUE NORTHEAST TOWARDS CAPE COD AND THE GULF OF MAINE. LIGHT SNOW WILL BE DEVELOPING LATER THIS EVENING... MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT...BEFORE INCREASING IN INTENSITY DURING THE PRE- DAWN HOURS. ALONG THE COAST...SNOW WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE OVER TO RAIN DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE ON FRIDAY... THEN RAIN WILL SPREAD INTO MUCH OF THE TRI-STATE AREA BEFORE TAPERING OFF BY MIDDAY FRIDAY. ABOUT AN INCH OR SO OF SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE BEFORE THE CHANGEOVER ACROSS COASTAL LOCATIONS... BUT BETWEEN 1 AND 2 INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND PARTS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.

ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE...SO GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME AND LEAVE PLENTY OF SPACE BETWEEN THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

***** This is the updated alert ******

Severe Weather Alert Updated

Special Weather Statement

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC-BERGEN- EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-ORANGE- PUTNAM-ROCKLAND- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS- NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 339 PM EST THU FEB 1 2007

...A WINTRY MIX ON TAP TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING...

DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE OVER THE CAROLINAS WILL TRACK NORTHEAST AND WILL FIND ITSELF WELL SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND BY FRIDAY MORNING...THEN WILL CONTINUE NORTHEAST TOWARDS CAPE COD AND THE GULF OF MAINE. LIGHT SNOW WILL BE DEVELOPING LATER THIS EVENING... MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT...BEFORE INCREASING IN INTENSITY DURING THE PRE- DAWN HOURS. ALONG THE COAST...SNOW WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE OVER TO RAIN DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE ON FRIDAY... THEN RAIN WILL SPREAD INTO MUCH OF THE TRI-STATE AREA BEFORE TAPERING OFF BY MIDDAY FRIDAY. ABOUT AN INCH OR SO OF SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE BEFORE THE CHANGEOVER ACROSS COASTAL LOCATIONS... BUT BETWEEN 1 AND 2 INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND PARTS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.

ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE...SO GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME AND LEAVE PLENTY OF SPACE BETWEEN THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

***** This is the updated alert ******

The only time I'll pay any attention to a sever weather alert over the winter is when it's a Blizzard Warning.

The only time I'll pay any attention to a sever weather alert over the winter is when it's  a Blizzard Warning.

**That would be nice**

Edited by Fex404

Booo! NJ is only getting 1-2 if we're lucky! Boooooo! mad.gif