Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Canaan Tanker

64 posts in this topic

Here are some photos of our new tanker at the Seagrave factory. It has a 3000 tank 1000 GPM pump 207" wheel base 32' overall length. Stainless steel tank cab and body, and a Telma retarder

post-1379-1170479682.jpg

post-1379-1170479739.jpg

Some more pics of New Canaans tanker. 3000 gallon stainless steel tank

[attachmentid=2033]

[attachmentid=2034]

post-1769-1173064844.jpg

post-1769-1173064865.jpg

Edited by LT. 22

Is it an eliptical tank? Or is the tank being covered? I may seem like an idiot asking this.

Mike

Is it an eliptical tank? Or is the tank being covered? I may seem like an idiot asking this.

Mike

The tank is a semi elliptical with a hosebed and it will have a polished outer wrap.

Wow. This looks like it's going to be extremely nice. Does anybody have a design drawing to post? Will it be a crew cab?

IT will be a two person cab, 3000 gallon tank and 1000 gpm pump. We are going out to the factory soon and we will post more photos soon. I cant wait to get it into service. The old tanker is holding up well but its 34 years old.

Hmm. How big is the hosebed and how much compartment space will it have, if any?

Mike

Hmm. How big is the hosebed and how much compartment space will it have, if any?

Mike

The hose bed should hold about 500' of 5" hose It has alot of compartment space. The front compartments are 61" wide 38" high 28" deep. the rear compartments are 35" wide 38 " high 28" deep. There is a full width compartment in the cab.

Hi, we just got back from our trip to Seagrave last night. Here are some photos of our tankers cab and chassis with its 1000 gpm pump. Now its off to Seagrave's plant in Canada for its 3000 tank and compartments.

post-1379-1174524361.jpg

post-1379-1174524396.jpg

Here is a photo of our pump pannel.

post-1379-1174524515.jpg

Looks nice so far

whats with the blue red green yellow lights on the sides?

Looks nice so far

Notice the "special edition 125 anniversary" Seagrave grill ornament on the front....this will be a unique rig.

Another piece in the evolution of the New Canaan Seagrave fleet...I predict a full Seagrave fleet by 2015, except for the rescue, maybe....

I predict a full Seagrave fleet  by 2015, except for the rescue, maybe....

That would rule.

Notice the "special edition 125 anniversary" Seagrave grill ornament on the front....this will be a unique rig.

Another piece in the evolution of the New Canaan Seagrave fleet...I predict a full Seagrave fleet  by 2015, except for the rescue, maybe....

That evolution started with a 1922 pumper (Engine 1) and than 1924,46 and 59 pumpers ( all with Engine 2 ) , 1949 and 2003 ladders ( ladder 3) . I think there is an engine company in Nyack has owned no other make since going motorized.

I don't get why this truck is so special....there isn't a body or a tank on it?! laugh.gif

Looks like it is coming along nicely, best of luck with it!

I don't get why this truck is so special....there isn't a body or a tank on it?!  laugh.gif

Looks like it is coming along nicely, best of luck with it!

Thank you. It is coming along nicely. I know it doesnt look like much now, we wanted to share some build photos to show some of the progress. What makes this rig unique is a couple of years ago Seagrave acquired a company that has been building stainless steel tanks for many years, and has mounted them on many different chassis. This rig is going to be the first all Seagrave built eleitpical tanker.

Sweet!

We were out in Wisconsin last year to see our Engine, and that facility is impressive to say the least. I had no idea they had a facility in Canada too.

I can't wait to see the finished product, an ellipitical Seagrave has "sharp" written all over it.

How many dumps will it have?

Sweet!

We were out in Wisconsin last year to see our Engine, and that facility is impressive to say the least.  I had no idea they had a facility in Canada too.

I can't wait to see the finished product, an ellipitical Seagrave has "sharp" written all over it.

How many dumps will it have?

It will have three dumps.

What will become of the old Engine 8 ?

What will become of the old Engine 8 ?

There is this farm upstate where old fire trucks go to run free and be happy with other old fire trucks. smile.gif Only kidding . Thats a good question. I'm not shure. There are some members who would like to keep it as a spare, but I dont think there is enough room. It's an old rig, it runs well and pumps great. But does need some work and updating. When it was new 34 Years ago it was used in a different capicity than tankers today. It has no dumps. and the cab is open in back. I hope if it gets sold that another small fire dept gets it and has as much use as we got out of her. Its been good to us and still continues to do so. It went out today and worked. I'm looking forward to the new tanker, but I will miss the old water buffalo. There is a good picture of the old one on www.fdnytrucks.com/otherstates/connecticut/newcanaan.

wow, that is a very unique looking rig. it kinda reminds me of Berwyn Heights, Maryland Seagrave/Marion Squad 14. does anybody know if the tank is on the chassis yet?

wow, that is a very unique looking rig. it kinda reminds me of Berwyn Heights, Maryland Seagrave/Marion Squad 14. does anybody know if the tank is on the chassis yet?

The tank and body should be on it by now. We are leaving for an inspection trip next week. I hope to have some photos. As for the rig from MD. we used some ideas from that chassis in regaurds to the compartment behind the cab as well as some other things they did. sorry no exaust stacks (wont fit in the firehouse).

The tank and body should be on it by now. We are leaving for an inspection trip next week. I hope to have some photos. As for the rig from MD. we used some ideas from that chassis in regaurds to the compartment behind the cab as well as some other things they did. sorry no exaust stacks (wont fit in the firehouse).

even though your rig wont have chrome exhaust stacks like Berwyn Heights's Seagrave/Marion rescue i think it would look a lot cooler. chrome exhaust stacks arent commonly found on fire apparatus, so its "pretty cool" when i see rigs with chrome exhaust stacks. cant wait to see what the rig looks like with the tank & body mounted. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cancel the order! The 73/85 Ward Laf pulled her weight in gold at Rings End. Give her another 20 years.

See you at the lanes.

I had no idea they had a facility in Canada too.

The Canadian facility was purchased within the past 4 or 5 years from another manufacturer who used Spartan Chassis quite a bit to mount thier stainless bodies. Works well given the amount of salt on the road in that part of Canada.

It's in a town named Carleton Place in Ontario on the Quebec border. The town is VERY small. I drive through it on the way to my hunting and fishing camp in the back bush of Quebec.

It always looked like they had a ton of work in progress though, so I'm assuming that they were a good purchase for Seagrave.

Big win last night Mikey, Mr. 210

The Canadian facility was purchased within the past 4 or 5 years from another manufacturer who used Spartan Chassis quite a bit to mount thier stainless bodies.  Works well given the amount of salt on the road in that part of Canada.

It's in a town named Carleton Place in Ontario on the Quebec border.  The town is VERY small.  I drive through it on the way to my hunting and fishing camp in the back bush of Quebec.

It always looked like they had a ton of work in progress though, so I'm assuming that they were a good purchase for Seagrave.

It used to be called Almonte Fire Apparatus