Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
25truck26

Incident Command Post Table?

15 posts in this topic

I have a question for everyone out there and I hope I am posting this in the right section. Besides the larger departments in the tri-state area how many departments use an incident command post/ table similar to FDNY, Yonkers, Mount Vernon...etc. Below are links to a few photos of the command post table being used at incidents by some of the above departments. I am hoping my department will look into something like this.

Hey Dino (2163) what did they use at Byron Lane in Mamroneck a couple nights ago? I noticed you had taken some photos. What were they using for command/accountability at that one since i believe there were 3 departments.

The first 2 are at a New Rochelle trench rescue incident using the suitcase style IC setup. The third is at a Yonkers job.

http://nycfire.net/gallery/album145/IMG_0547

http://nycfire.net/gallery/album145/IMG_0590

http://nycfire.net/gallery/yonekrs5al/IMG_1596_JPG

25truck26,

At the byron Ln fire in Town of Mamaroneck they were using from what I saw anyway so I could be wrong I don't want to stick anyone in the tank if ya know what I mean. But yes they were using an accountability system,I saw tags attached to a clip board that one member was carrying around the fireground. But no I didn't see any command post table.

[attachmentid=1993]

[attachmentid=1992]

Mount Vernon 4th alarm

post-1848-1172183465.jpg

post-1848-1172183757.jpg

Edited by HFD750

We just recieved one in Mohegan, it was designed by our asst chief and donated by con edison. Havent used it at an incident yet, but i think it will be a big help to the incident commander as far as ff accountablility and apparatus at the scene or responding to the scene, or nearby fd's and the available apparatus that they have that might be needed.

In Elmsford we use the Con Ed Boards. Each chief's car has a board ( 1 Large and two Smaller Ones). The larger board was donated by Con Ed and the other two were purchased from them.

They are an excellent tool to have on a fire scene. We used the Larger Board at the Payne Street Fire at the Command Post. We also used both boards at the Battalion 14 drill.

ok, who do you have to talk with from Con Edison to get one of these boards ??? anyone have contact information ??

White Plains also got one

Edited by bigfitz2004

ok, who do you have to talk with from Con Edison to get one of these boards ??? anyone have contact information ??

Send me a PM I'll point you in the right direction.

Send me a PM I'll point you in the right direction.

I have a business card from one of the guys from Con Ed who I saw at a show last year. PM me and I will give the information to anyone who needs it.

BMC

Ossining, Pleasantville, Tarrytown, Dobbs Ferry, Bedford Hills has them that I know of Millwood Also has one Similar that was made by on of there past chiefs....Peekskill has there own board they constructed themselves:

post-2471-1172815829.jpg

Essex County, NJ OEM uses them on large fires. The last time I saw it used was New Years eve in East Orange. I liked the concept, and it was well organized.

For those of us not in ConEd land, any idea where these are avalible? Even who makes the cases, that we could add our own board into.

One of our members made a board, which works pretty well, but the case/table would be better to store and deploy it. It also looks like those boards are big enough to allow for tracking of a large number of incomming units.

If you google "incident command boards" quite a few vendors pop up with a pretty good variety of boards.